1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solved Wii 4.3J How to run American games over HDD ? Or any other regions

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by RafaelMacomber, Jun 26, 2014.

1. RafaelMacomber

RafaelMacomber Newbie

Hey, thank you for your attention, I am newbie in softmod stuff so I need some guidance, first I have a Wii 4.3U softmoded running wbfs from HDD over GxLoader everything works fine, my girlfriend bought a Wii 4.3J from Japan and it is already softmoded, so I plugged my HDD and opened via GxLoader, the list of games shows up normal but not one single game works,every time I got the black screen and had to turn off the power to reset. So there's a way to run non Japanese games over a USB loader ? Or may I have to do the dangerous region change ?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

should be an option in the usb loader to force ntsc

RafaelMacomber likes this.
  3. RafaelMacomber

RafaelMacomber Newbie

Thank you, the Japanese Wii is really a problem, USB loaders got black screen even forcing any video. Softmoded useless, so I decided to use "any Region change" by modmii, Changed to 4.1U, erased the Wii memory, softmoded again, installed the CFG loader and now it works fine, no need to force anything,
    Pro: my ex Wii- J now runs any region games by HDD on CFG loader.
    Cons: the regular disc channel don't run any games = useless.

Problem solved, cause that's exactly what I wanted to do. Just for the record I tried everything, even on a Sneek Uneek nand I got the black screen on every region thatd I tried to emulated.