1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Backups on Memorex DVD-R

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by darty17, Apr 6, 2007.

1. darty17

darty17 Guest

Hello. I am wondering if anyone else has used Memorex DVD-r's for their Wii backups. I am using them, burning at 4x. They'll read and play just fine the first time, but if I leave the disc in for a while and try to boot it again, it just spins and I get a Wii error on a black screen teling me to eject the disc and power off the system. Memorex DVD+R's seem to be working fine. I have a Wiikey installed. Any ideas?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

the only thing worse than memorex media is the store brand (office max, etc)

DON'T use memorex! I use ridata and sony (the best but the most expensive is sony)

3. darty17

darty17 Guest

Just seems odd to me that the DVD+R's are working fine while the -R's aren't. I'll try something else.

4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

I've been using nothing but Memorex DVD+R for my backups (well, I lied, GC backups I do on fuijifilm mini DVD-R for the most part). I have yet to make an unbootable DVD with this media.

I but name brand is critical... if your having a problem and absolutly HAVE to have it on DVD-R.

5. pimpone

pimpone Member

The best disc are not sony. TAIYO YUDEN or VERBATIM are the best ones to get. I use them for my movies and my wii games and I've never had a problem with them.

Try looking at http://www.supermediastore.com

6. darty17

darty17 Guest

I just bought some Sony DVD+R's and made a coaster. Yee hah. Maybe I will spend the extra $ for the verbatim or Taiyos.

7. Memnock

Memnock Active member

Office Depot is the one exception to that rule. Their stuff codes out to either RICOHJPN or Ritek.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2007
  8. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

If you want to be sure then STOP using "+" media and start to use the "-" media. Most chips and burning software just sets the DVD+R's bit type setting to DVD-R anyway so why not just get the DVD-R and stop burning coasters!