1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii bit of help please

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by carsmile, Apr 10, 2007.

1. carsmile

carsmile Member

i tried to run Super Paper Mario it updated my console
    now i have a screen showing
    "you tried to access the address marc:EU/EU/ENG/SETUP/SCREENSAVE.HTML,"which is currently unavailable.please make sure the web address(url)is spelled correctly and punctuated,then try reloading the page"

the machine is not connected to the net.but nothing works except this screen now..

is there anything i can do?

2. carsmile

carsmile Member

Have learned a few things about this problem..

The bricking has nothing to do with ntsc or pal wiis with any mod chip
    It is NOT being connected to the internet..
    Even if you have the latest update if you are not connected to the net
    it will brick your wii..
    Just hope someone can find a way to reset the flash memory in the wii.
    So anyone chipped or not with copy or original who updates this game if not connected to the net will get a bricked wii.
    There are a few people who buy the original game with no modding of the wii who do not have an internet connection who will get bricked wiis

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@carsmile

This is the first time I have heard that not having an Internet connection could brick your Wii.

I have a feeling some other problem has occurred for you to get this message. If you have no Modchip installed and are using the correct original region game disc then I would contact Nintendo.

I would be pissed if my Wii crashed during a Wii update that they pretty much force us to do when they place them on Game Disc without the option to deny the update.

Have you tried contacting them and seeing if they will replace the Unit. I bet they would do it if this was actually the case.