1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Bootloader Myth or Real

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by redlevel, Jul 9, 2007.

1. redlevel

redlevel Guest

Can someone tell me about the rumor of the bootloader. I have found a lot of info saying it is bull, but some time has passed and I thought I would check to see if has been done. This way I can play my backup games without a hard mod of my Wii?

Thanks

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

hmmm. well, some posts or links would be great.

3. doc_z

doc_z Member

I read pretty extensively about Wii modding regularly and have not heard anything even remotely concrete about a soft-mod as of yet. There were a few guys that thought they could use a particular game to cause a buffer overflow and then execute code from a memory card but even if that is true (and im pretty doubtful) its still a long way from a confirmed and working soft-mod. I would say they are at least a year away imho, but really the mod chips for the Wii are quite easy to install and have proven to be very effective, and for the price of the things now there aren't many good reasons not to do it, well except for warranty.

4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Which even then there isnt a seal on the wii that is to void the warranty if you break it.

5. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

wii soft modding can't be far off. of course people have been getting gc hb to work on it with action replay, but there's also the whole idea of wii running on a version of linux. and since linux is gnu nintendo HAS to post the code online.... so somewhere someone has got to be working on soft modding it

http://wiihacks.blogspot.com/2007/03/datel-releases-homebrew-launcher-kit.html (once again a gc launcher but wii hb nonetheless)

http://wiiemulator.net/?p=20#more-20

there has also been some wii hb hacking done through running flash apps in the wii's opera browser

basically if you want to run hb on your wii but don't want to worry about what will happen if you put in a mod chip you will want and have to wait a little while longer, but it IS coming!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2007
  6. obv

obv Member

right now, MYTH

7. Sickley

Sickley Regular member

i prefer the word vision(didnt make that url link no need to click it)

everyone knows that its possible, and some people already have ideas they are working on. its no myth; being someone who browses through AD you should no that NOTHING is uncrackable

no they don't yet exist. but they will, garunteed.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007