1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii D2c problems...

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by carlosrex, Nov 10, 2007.

1. carlosrex

carlosrex Member

Guys,

ive got a D2c wii and ive just had it chipped, my setup is as follows:

athlon XP3200+ not overclocked
    512mb PC3200 DDR ram
    loads of hard drive space
    Nero 7.10.x.x
    Pioneer 111d DVD writer.

Ive tried the following things, and still cant get anything to work:

manhunt 2, patched with brick blocker, burnt at 2.4x on DVD+R media - wii boots it, black screen after the "rockstar games 2007" first credit scene.
    Batallion wars 2, patched, burnt @ 2.4 on DVD+r, black screen and wii remote switches off as soon as you hit "start" from the wii menu.

manhunt 2, patched, burnt at 2.4x on dvd-r media, same result as on +r

guilty gear Xx non patched burnt @ 2.4 on DVD+R , game locks as soon as you try and start a fight

dave mirra BMX, non patched burnt on dvd+r media, & dvd-r media, 6 times (3 on each type) game locks and black screen after you see the "strap on your controller" screen.

Asterix at the olympics, unpatched, burnt @ 2.4x on DVD+r media, locks at random points during the game (get maybe 10 mins of play time before it locks)

What is going on here? this is seriously driving me crazy...has anyone got any hints or tips?

Im burning from ISO files, all of the isos are the exact same size in bytes, and it would seem other people got them working ok (no complaints at my sources)

Thanks all...

2. carlosrex

carlosrex Member

p.s media tried is maxell dvd+ and - r and verbatim DVD+R

3. kevin32

kevin32 Member

I suggest you use Imgburn to burn your iso files. Also use Verbatim and Sony DVD-R/DVD+R seem to work the best. I use sony dvd+ for all my games and they work very well...

4. carlosrex

carlosrex Member

Trying it now, thanks bud! will let you know how it goes.

5. carlosrex

carlosrex Member

well!

I used imgburn, and guilty gear now seems to work. I can get into a fight, at least! (cant fight properly as i dont have extension controllers)

thankyou so much, im not burning my other images and hopefully they will also work flawlessly :)

6. carlosrex

carlosrex Member

tried dave mirra and big brain academy, neither work. FFS the only game i can actually burn is one that i cant play.

7. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i use maxell dvd-r 16x discs never had a problem

use imgburn and at 4x only

i would check if there are any firmware updates for your writer also. i had to update mine as i was having issues with burning xbox games at the time

if not try a different burner

my setup is similiar to yours although you could do with upgrading from 512 to at least a gig memory as it will be using pagefile more

8. brasco03

brasco03 Member

Hi Carlosrex I have pretty much the same setup as you including a Pioneer dvd writer use Nero 7 to burn the game iso and burn at 4x only use isos from your console region which I sure is proberbly Pal dont try to patch any iso just make sure the iso region matches your console region in other words only download pal isos and dont apply patches I never have and I have always been fine every1 of my games work and use datawrite dvdrs tell me how u get on sure its gonna work fine it does 4 me so remember forget patches and stick to only pal isos since you dont have a US 1 I think.The patches could be the reason the games dont run properly so leave them out.
    Good Luck

9. brasco03

brasco03 Member

I forgot to mention to important things I had probs with imageburn so use nero 7 to burn the wii isos and had no problem since,also the d2ckey was a modchip to play backups without the use of patches and you proberbly have applied patches cause other modchips need them when as long as you stick to your console region the d2ckey would not need a patch to play a game only 1 like super mario galaxy does but thier is no working patch out for a pal iso of it so who cares you only need a patch if it tells you in the pal iso notes you need to apply 1 to get it to work but most if not all pal games copies work without any patch so again this I think this may well be the prob

10. carlosrex

carlosrex Member

Thanks for all your help guys, think i may have sorted this. I noticed when zipping up some video files in a multipart archive that my pc kept generating corrupt archives. I figured maybe its extracting corrupt files as well, so i formatted and reinstalled windows and tried reburning an ISO i had on my drive, didnt work. Re-extracted the same ISO from its RAR arcives and burnt it, it worked ok - been playing it for hours. This was a PAL ISO. Re-extracted an NTSC ISo (mario and sonic olympic games) and burnt it, this also works fine and ive been playing that.

So hopefully fingers crossed its all good now, not going to get chance to burn anything else for a couple of days as im away on business but its looking hopeful! I have about 6 or 7 games ready to burn so ill let you all know how it goes.

Thanks again for all your help!

11. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

not wanting to discourage you trying to help others but what you have said here is not really correct, there is no need to patch any game whatsoever as long as you keep your wii up to date through the internet. The galaxy game needed a firmware update for the modchip, not a patch for the game iso.

12. brasco03

brasco03 Member

What I meant by that was an example of a game that would need a patch if a pal iso was even availible of it which I dont think there is a working one for an eu Wii I was not talking about US wii cause I know that its worked on chipped Us wiis with the d2cchip inside until they added the protection.This was just a way to tell Carlos rex not to patch his games and to stick to the iso region of his console to get games working for him, patches can be needed for any number of issues with most hardware these days I just used Super Mario Galaxy as an example of why I have stuck to pal isos and that way your not gonna brick your console and patches for pal isos are not needed so far if you have the d2ckey chip since it was made to auto boot any backup from your console region and I knew that if I tol this to Carlosrex it would work cause thats what I have been doing and no problems so far not 1 if he wants to risk running us isos aand jap 1s and applying patches to make them work thats up to him he said he had no working games before my message for me until patches are confirmed I would rather not apply them and cause they are used to correct or get things running on pcs people could think if I get this game iso and apply this its gonna work and what I say is we know that for the wii its more complex and patches may not be a good thing unless nintendo says and firmware updates are always good because thats always good for anything to update it but imagine if someone by mistake added the wrong patch to the game it wont work and even if you added the right 1 it may still not work patches are never a grantee and all I was saying was leave them out and you will be ok if people have said you need to update the firmware or patch the d2c chip with reference to Super Mario thats fine then I agree but I think carlosrex was doing everything correct apart from applying patches which may have been the reason he could get not games to work I have about 5 or 6 games followed the good advise I gave Carlosrex and have yet to have a problem,another thing just cause their is a patch for something does not mean its a good thing it could make something better or worse or make it not work at all so theres my point

13. brasco03

brasco03 Member

I just used Super Mario Galaxy as a way of explaining that dispite there being a patch for something does not mean it works till its confirmed and patches can be good for windows xp, computer hardware and more but from what I have seen they are no garantee for any wii game so when you get an iso if you use 1 that does not mean they will work and as I think someone smart like me and Carlosrex know that for pcs and hardware patches and firmware can be grate but for the wii I am not sure and unless confirmed by a fair number I doubt think they are they wont have the same success rate as getting something to work better or properly on a pc lets say and I think carlosrex thought they would as any1 with a technical mind like me and him and others would and I told him to leave them out and fixed his problem he now has fully working games and is doing even better things then me like risking running us isos on what I assume is a pal machine I cant be bothered with that cause dont wanna brick my thing and would rather have patches confirmed

14. carlosrex

carlosrex Member

Thanks for your input guys,

Brasco, just FYI - from what ive seen, all american games will tell you if they are going to update their console. When you click the "start" button it brings up a window before booting saying "initiating wii system update" and you have to click ok.

at this point if im running a non-pal game, i switch the wii off and bin the disc. Im sure itll be ok because im up to date but im not taking the risk you know?

15. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

just update your wii through the net before you put ANY new game in your wii for the 1st time. if it says its upto date then the disc cannot install a newer update in your wii regardless of region as there isnt one

this way you CAN play different region games in your wii without any problems whatsoever

16. brasco03

brasco03 Member

Yeah good Idea Carlosrex I dont wanna take the risk also of bricking my wii so I just been doing pal games as you know with no probs anyway I was happy to help you and glad you got some games working.Thanks for your input Thinone thats a smart thing to do have a nice weekend now guys bye

17. bwan37

bwan37 Member

Sorry for my stupid question, but can Wii be update using D2CKey?

I try reading the iso file using "power iso / alcohol 120% / winrar". It give me an error of "disc not found or iso corrupt", is it normal?

Thank you so much ^_^

18. KingJude

KingJude Member

I NEED HELP!! I have a Wiikey... all the wii firmware updates and wiikey is updated. it plays all games I use AONE DVD-R. But I am not sure if the wii has a problem before or after I updated. But I notice faint lines on my flat screen. I tried my sons CRT TV and i tried his grandparents tv(projection tv). they all display faint vertical red lines..dots if u will..... i thought it was my backups but i tried wii sports and i see them..... i am thinkin of taking out the wiikey and sending it to Nintendo to be fixed...or something but i am not sure what to do about this..could the laser be dirty?? or something?

19. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

sounds like a defect of the actual system itself. Did you notice any of this before the wiikey install?

20. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

maybe try a new scart lead before going to all that trouble