1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii:Dc2key Questions nids to be answered!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by my2cent, Feb 11, 2008.

1. my2cent

my2cent Member

Okay here comes.

Q1: After modding my Wii, is the safest way to update my wii is by wifi online?

Q2: I have a PAL australian Wii and if i download NTSC iso do i nid to converted them back to PAL, or i must download PAL iso inorder to play.

Q3: What is brickblocker and wiigionfree, regionfrii.

Q4:After modding my Wii can i still play my orignal games which i bought?

Q5: What should i be-careful of when playin download iso?

Q5: What is region brick? (i noe theres a sticky page on it but kinda confusing).

thanx for ur help, cos im gonna get my wii moded tommorow and im kinda scared.

2. juniR

juniR Guest

1. Yes

2. No - you can play most (not all) NTSC without conversion, but never accept an update from a NTSC game as you risk region bricking your Wii.

3. All programs which help alter games so they enable playing in your region. Brickblocker stops the game from trying to update your system.

4. Yes

5. Be careful that it's not out of region and tries to update your console.

6. Region brick happens when you brick with an out of region game cos you updated using it. It can cause some problems including stopping you being able to access your Wii settings.

I'm usnure as to whether PAL Australian is compatible with PAL European so you need to ensure that it is before you accept updates from Euro disks. I read today for example that the AUS copy of Medal of Honor Heroes 2 doesn't have Wi-Fi where the Euro one does. If you only update online then you will be fine and this shouldn't be an issue.

Maybe someone else can confirm?

Tip - read, read, read until you understand as much as possible - then you won't be so scared ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008
  3. my2cent

my2cent Member

thnx alot that cleared alot of mist up,u mention that dont update from foriegn region games, what happen if i downloaded a PAL iso and it prompt me to update is that safe?

4. juniR

juniR Guest

Well as I mentioned earlier - I dunno if PAL AUS is compatible with PAL EUR and vice versa.

PAL AUS, in theory, is fine but if you d/l a game you have to be 100% sure it hasn't been mislabelled with the wrong region. If someone released an NTSC version and someone for some reason gets it mixed up or even for a laugh mislabels it PAL then you can understand where there's an element of risk with updating from downloads.

Maybe someone else knows if PAL AUS is ok with PAL EUR? I'd say no but it's the first time I've come across the query.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2008