1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii drive clicking while playing game

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Arct1c, Jan 16, 2008.

1. Arct1c

Arct1c Member

Hey guys, I got a Wii Key installed yesterday. After I came home and updated to 1.9g I played GH3 and NBA Live 08 perfectly fine.

Only problem was when I was playing NBA Live the dvd drive on the wii was constantly clicking.

Im not sure if this normal or due to a messed up intall of th wii key. Can this damage the life of my wii?

ps: Im also not sure if it was clicking /w GH3, It might have but i just didnt notice. I'll check when im home tonight. The GH3 is on a verbatim disk and NBA Live on an HP one becuase it wouldnt run correctly on the verbatim. (Not sure if media type has any affect on the clicking noice)

Thanks

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i would try a different brand of discs

try maxell

3. Arct1c

Arct1c Member

i picked up some maxell disks and nba live worked fine. weird how certain games work better with certain disks

4. Arct1c

Arct1c Member

after playing nba live on the maxell disks the wii clicks but less. its not a actual clicking its hte clicking that the wii makes when its loading teh disks.

It doesnt bother me I was just wondering if it could be a sign of something bad