1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Dumper and other programs make tv go black

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Gamer000, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Gamer000

Gamer000 Member

I have Wii Dumper v1.2 in my apps folder and when I run the program the tv screen turns black. This also does this for my wihttpd, as well as when I run my wad manager program. It's been a while since i've messed with the wii so I'm not sure what is going on. Can someone tell me why I'm getting this black screen? My emulators run fine. Could there be something to do with my CIOS? My version reads 3.4u but I remember having to downgrade the CIOS once about a 1.5yrs ago. Can someone tell me how to check the CIOS and tell me what CIOS I should be running. Thanks

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

To check your cios's you need syscheck.

But ideally just update your wii, get modmii, run it on a pc and answer the questions and it will download everything you need to upgrade your cios's etc.

Most usb loaders have their own dumper as part of the program (GX, CFG, WiiFlow) also a HDD partition can now be wbfs, fat32 or NTFS

3. Gamer000

Gamer000 Member

So isn't 3.4u the latest version for US wii's? When i check my settings its says 4.3U which makes me think I'm already updated. OR is it possible that if I downgraded my CIOS once after updating my wii it will still read 3.4? What version of modmii should i get? Also from running the program will it give me a choice of which dumper I can choose or is it only CFG? Can I still dump wifi? thanks again

4. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

If you have updated to 4.3 (latest) from 3.4 then all your cios's are now stubbs hence dumper cannot run. Just get modmii (it will update itself on running if it is not the latest, put back the latest cios's and your dumper will probably run again

5. Gamer000

Gamer000 Member

OK so I do have 4.3 and when I ran syscheck it does say cios249 is a stubb. My question is now what option on Modwii do I run to just update my Cios249. I really don't want to go and rent one of the needed games if I don't have to? Thanks

6. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

No need for a game (select Letterbomb)

Use the wizard (hack from virgin wii)
    Follow the links answering all the questions - it will download everything inc the guide