1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii dvd drive question

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by simis69, Dec 12, 2007.

1. simis69

simis69 Member

hello, my wii just started (a few days ago) to give a disk read error when i try to load mario party 8, i checked it and it had a few scratches that were round from being in the case,minor, so i tried to buff it with a skip dr. and seems to have removed them but i still can't get it to read, it will say what game it is in the channel menue but from thier it gets the error, i also have wii play and wii sports and a few gamecube disks that all play fine, could it be that it cannot read dvd any more? does anyone know if wii play and sport are dvd or cd's?

i also just got my wii key and wonder if installing it would be a bad idea of good? i saw i can change dvd read speeds and thought this might help.
    any input from you guys would be great!

2. brido84

brido84 Regular member

All Wii games are DVD format, nintendos own special type. (I take it these are originals) The only time I've had a problem with a original is when my missus stood on Wii sports left a scratch in the printed side of the disk, that when I got my WiiKey and borrowed a copy of a friend to backup as mine didn't work, suppose you could do the same.

Edit

Can't see it being the console but to test it you could always try it in someone else's Wii.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007