1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii emulator how to noob guide

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by hellobud, May 26, 2007.

1. hellobud

hellobud Member

So i just bought a brand new wii...YAy now my dilema is that i already own all these classic games nintendo wants to charge me 10 bucks a piece for. iknow basics of emulators and have them on my computer. What is the cheapest way to get a emulator for my classic games working on my wii.......idealy using snes9x emulator cause i already use that on my computer....i have a sd card 512mb and i have a usb sd card reader which i could plug in the back of the wii but how do i load of the sd from the wii

2. N0_0ne

N0_0ne Regular member

to do anything like that you're going to need to install a modchip in your wii, theres a few different ones out there, I personally use wiikey. Im not sure if you can load them from your sd card or not, but I now theres a few rom collections out there that play on your wii, you need a gamecube controller to play them, hope this helps

3. hellobud

hellobud Member

a little bit thanks man but i read a little bit about something having to do with active reload,,,nintendo gamecube sd memory card adaptor and sdloader and somehow making that work im still researching it and if i figure it out ill post directions how i did it if i figure it out

4. c1c

c1c Regular member

just hook up your computer to your tv and you have all the roms you need. No Wii involvement. I d o this with video out to rca and have a controller on the computer. nes, snes, genesis, master sys, dreamcast, n64, tg16, lynx, jaguar, you name it. Nothing like turning you laptop into the most expensive vintage video game machine around.