1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii full brick

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by amtvr, Jul 12, 2007.

1. amtvr

amtvr Member

hello
    I have a NTSC wii and some days ago it bricked. Nothing works, it doesn´t play anything..
    I see lots of threads about semi-bricks (when only the settings page bricks), but not to much about full bricks.
    anyone knows if there´s anything I could do?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This was asked already today not counting the numerous other times its been asked...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533673

Next time do a search or at least skim down through the first page where I located the other thread that was asked today.

3. japanwii

japanwii Member

4. amtvr

amtvr Member

I know it had been asked before, and in fact I did read that post. And believe me, I´m doing lots of searches.. So I apologize for doing a post similar to other, but there aren´t in fact many post about full bricks. I see lots of ones talking about bricks in general and when they talk about full bricks, they just say it has no solution. It seems to me that semi-bricks are much more frequent than the full ones, or maybe people with full bricks are not expressing their situation due to their big depression right now....
    Anyway, sorry for the long post and thanks for the answers sor far.

5. Sanad

Sanad Guest

Hi everyone,
    I have the same problem, my (NTSC) Wii is in full brick mode.
    I have the Wiikey chip installed, and the Wii got bricked because of the Super Mario Striker's (PAL) update.
    I'm wondering if I can get rid of the brick if I try and insert the Wiikey setup DVD, or by removing and installing the Wiikey chip again, or maybe the Big Brain Academy's (NTSC) update should do the trick?
    Can anybody help? I'm pretty desprate coz there is no way for me to fix my Wii.
    Thanks for your time guys.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

At this time there is no fix for a complete brick issue.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  7. Sanad

Sanad Guest

Thanks for the reply.
    I'm not giving up on my Wii.
    I trust that you have more knowledge in these kinda stuff than anyone else, so if you said there is no solution for now that means I have to wait then.
    I'm sure there will be a way to fix the complete brick soon.

8. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

OMG how good is that advert for this thread pmsl

9. Cloudzer0

Cloudzer0 Member

k i have one question how many people here got their ntsc-u wii bricked from a pal mario strikers even though u had a wiikey and the chip in it.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There have been allot of users getting their Wii bricked or Semi-bricked due to playing a PAL version of Mario Strikers on their NTSC(U) System.

But my questions is with the end part of your question (even though u had a wiikey and the chip in it)

You act as if the brick shouldn't have even occurred since you had a Wiikey installed. The Wiikey in a sense was the reason why your Wii system was bricked. It was the region override of the Wiikey that made it possible for you to region brick your Wii system.

With all the overwhelming information on region brick issues pretty much on every other Wii forum out there people shouldn't be region bricking their Wii systems anyway. It is easy to protect yourself from a region brick by keeping your Wii updated and also by using Wii Brick Blocker on Game Disc that include firmware updates.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007
  11. Cloudzer0

Cloudzer0 Member

yea if i would have seen this site before i got it bricked id be ok. but owell sounds like the nand flasher thing might be my only shot i guess ill have to wait and see.

12. amtvr

amtvr Member

yeah.. my hopes are in this nand flash thing.. what makes more angry is that I played the vortex ntsc mario strikers in my ntsc wii and full bricked it.. i thought i was safe because it was all ntsc..
    but let´s leave it to the other thread that already discussed this (it was the pal version patched to ntsc, so the update in it was still from europe from what i could understand)
    but so far nothing for us full bricked right?

13. BaNZ

BaNZ Member

This is the main reason that I use wiibrickblocker even on all the PAL games on my PAL wii. Just incase it puts an update and detects wiikey. I also got my wii internet connection offline at all times and wiiconnect24 off.

Hmm reading what larrylje said I'll also turn the region override off. Since I don't want to risk playing NTSC games and brick my wii.

14. falcon209

falcon209 Regular member

Why do you have your net connection for your Wii and the WiiConnect24 turned off?

15. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

I wouldn't hold my breath. it says on the Nand Flash website "Every BIOS is signed for every consoles, so is not possible to use a BIOS from a different WII in another." Which makes it seem like if you don't have a backup of your bios, pre brick, you're not going to be able to recover.

16. BaNZ

BaNZ Member

Why not? Just incase they are able to push out updates and brick wii that have been modded. There is always that possibility. Better to be safe than sorry.

Also there are rumours about wiiconnect24 on standby which causes the graphic card to overheat.

There isn't much benefit on keeping it on at all times anyway. I don't use it for browsing. Just need a few click to turn the wireless on if I want to play mario strikers online.

17. falcon209

falcon209 Regular member

Good point

18. Cloudzer0

Cloudzer0 Member

well al of us will be right here waiting for a solution to our fully bricked wiis

19. amtvr

amtvr Member

but in my case I didn´t download the game. I bought it, from the same guy that sold me my wii, so I never even considered that something could go wrong. However he claims that the problem was not caused by the game, the problem is with my wii. That maybe it had some kind of defect in the flash memory or something else.
    I´m getting the "You tried to access the address marc:FIX/US/ENG/index01.html ...." message so, I don´t know if what he says is possible, or this error must be from the update in the game....

20. anantha92

anantha92 Member

Hey, i have a similar case, although my japanese wii is in perfect condition. I'm scowering the net trying to find a way to get my language to change. Should i try updating the japanese system with an american update or would that just screw everything up?
    please any help would be great, i really want to change the stupid language. I got the settings covered but its tjust the other features like wiiconnect24 and the shopping channel i have no idea how to operate.
    thnx in advance.