1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii & Homebrew

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by DavGerm4, May 6, 2007.

1. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I've been seeing a bunch of video's on youtube, about the Wii playing a SNES emulator off of a burned DVD! Does anyone know if this is true? And also, if it is true, does anyone know of a tutorial on how to do it? I've seen where they do it using the Action Replay, but I want to know if you can just burn it all to a DVD and boot it? Thanks

2. kairu67

kairu67 Member

you have to have a modchip that goes on the dvd drive, than the emulators run in gamecube homebrew mode.... you need a chip like a cyclowiz, wiikey, wiid, chiip, openwii etc
    than you get the gamecube homebrew, set it up, and burn it to a cd

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Well, I have the WiiD installed on my Wii! Where can I get this Gamecube Homebrew? Any tutorials on how to do it all? Thanks

4. kairu67

kairu67 Member

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@DavGerm4

I use this program to make the Emulator disc. Plus as you know I have WiiD. This works perfect. All you need to do is download SNES or NES ROMs and choose what emulator disc you want to make. So if you choose SNES then put the SNES ROMs in the ROM folder. Now choose SNES in the drop down menu and it makes the ISO to burn.

But wait. lets say you also want a NES Emulator disc. You can download the NES ROM's and do the same thing. Place the NES ROMs in the ROM folder then choose NES to make the ISO Emulator disc.

Now you have 2 Emulator ISO disc 1 for SNES and 1 for NES. Instead of burning each disc separate you can use the GCOS disc maker option on this app to add the 2 ISO to the same disc making a multi-disc emulator.

That simple to do.

Here is the link to the Wii Utility program I use...

http://psx-scene.com/forums/nintendo-wii-news/54724-wii-ui-released.html

Go to the bottom of the thread and download WiiUIv130.rar and COMDLG32.rar

Now create a folder for WiiUIv130.rar and extract the file into that folder. Now extract COMDLG32.rar and place that file in the folder you created for WiiUIv130.

It is pretty simple to use. Here is a screen shot of what the utility does...

[​IMG]

@kairu67

Nice Multi-boot Emulator program. I downloaded it and will defiantly give that a try. i will keep the above App also since there are a few options on the Wii Utility above other then making Emulators.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  6. Menion

Menion Regular member

also check out Tehskeeen Forums under wii Homebrew - they have a archive there called WiiEmus.rar it includes the Emus for SNES, NES, Genesis, Sega Master Sys, NeoGeo Pocket, GBA, Turbo Grafx 16 I use that and it works wonderfully, the GBA emu is in early stages so no save options yet but the rest work - http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4422
    The newer Versions are twoards the end of the thread
    hope that helps

7. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

When playing these emu/homebrews do you have to use special controllers like GC controllers, or the cabled wi controllers, or can you use the wireless wii mote that comes with the wii.