1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii imports soon?!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by aramsey, Jan 9, 2007.

1. aramsey

aramsey Member

i really want to play bleach for the wii and dont want to buy another wii just for like 4 games. anyone have any new info on datels newest products such as a Action replay and/or freeloader. i really want to get this so im not spending 300 bones instead of like 30.

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

ok there is a new homebrew kit for the gc and wii the kit will allow you to boot gcos but because the firmware for the dvd drive in the wii is differrent gcos will not boot backups right now for gamecube

but hopefully with the homebrew kit someone will soon find a way to create a new boot loader for wii games the homebrew kit is fully functional with the wii in booting gamecube homebrew but nothing else right now

and a lot of us gamers are waiting for freeloader because we are getting bored with the standard garbage being offered so we would like to import the wii games from other countrys

3. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

yeah, datel is working on the Wii Free Loader as we speak. hopefully it'll be ready before too many more good jap games come out.

I'm still trying to boot GC imports on the wii with my old Free Loader disc (v1.06b). The Wii doesn't read the disc. I've heard that the Action Replay with FL will boot imports fine on the Wii, but I don't have one, nor can I find one locally anymore...plus, I feel it's pointless to buy one now if a Wii one will be out soon anyway (assuming that one will also boot GC imports in addition to Wii imports).

I see that Datel now has a GC FL disc that SAYS it's compatible with the Wii...does anyone know if it's possible to get mine to work as it is? I emailed Datel but they have yet to get back to me.