1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii iso problems, someone HEEELP!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Dannyest, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Dannyest

Dannyest Member

Guys, I'm starting to be really desperate... I downloaded "Bleach: Shattered Blade" USA version for my PAL Wii, and I modded it with the newest Wiikey (hologram added and all). I tried to burn the iso with Nero, Alcohol and imgBurn but it still does'nt work out! I've also tried Maxell, TDK and Imation-dvds... It still keeps saying "The game disc could not be read". I tried to transcode it into a PAL version with WiiUi, but it extracted it into a 44.6 mb packet... So what to do?! (Sry for my english, I'm a 16-year old boy from Finland xD)

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Probably your install? When did you buy the Wii? Do you if it's D2C or has cut legs?

3. yikhai

yikhai Member

It's not going to work anyway because the its one of the unlucky NTSC-U games that aren't compatible with PAL Wii.

Check the compatibility list to find which region games outside of PAL have been tested and work:
    http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php?title=Wii_Region_Patcher_Compatibility_List:_PAL

On a side note, you don't seem to get the console screen up to lock up on load so it could be many things:
    1) Maxell, TDK and Imation discs don't work well in a Wii. Try using Verbatim which is highly recommended.
    2) Burn at 4x Write Speed also works for most people.

Also remember to check using your WiiKey Config disc that your Region Overide is set as On to allow you to play other region games.

4. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

maxell 16x dvd-r work mighty fine with wiikey on wii games - not sure where your info comes from but please be sure before you state as fact

5. yikhai

yikhai Member

Fair enough, I stand corrected. Main point is to either keep trying different media with different speeds.
    For example, I've tried Imation 8x and HP 16x media which provides the screen "Game disc cannot be read", tried Verbatim 16x at 2x write speed which also has provided poor results (both "cannot read screen" at start or mid game.) The combination that has worked for my console with no problems so far has been the Verbatim 16x at 4x write speed.

Having said all that, since the game has been noted as incompatible, you could keep trying to get the backup to load up on console screen but lock up on game load up or simply wait for the PAL release of the game, which has been scheduled for March 2008.

6. Dannyest

Dannyest Member

Alright, thanks a bunch! I'll try to set the Wiikey region ovverride on and Verbatim... If it won't work even then, I'll wait! Thanks for the info! Now, let's see if it works... ;)

7. xknight

xknight Member

This game wont work as yikhai said. I have been trying this for ages and there is nothing you can do to get it on a PAL system, just like a good number of NTSC games.

Your best just waiting on the PAL edition and burn it when you get a hold of it, dont waste any more costers.

Also for disks I recomend Taiyo Yuden TY02's, £17 for 100 from Mplex in Northern Ireland and can be burned at 8x no problem. Used about 300 myself and not a single coster yet, apart from NTSC problems :(.

8. Dannyest

Dannyest Member

Well, seems like it can't be helped... I'll check it out when it comes to Europe!