1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii jap brick,BBA & Pokeman (Jap) not fixed it

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by cassamir, Jun 28, 2007.

1. cassamir

cassamir Member

hi everybody.Just bought modded wii jap about 3 weeks ago unfortunately I bricked it halfly (cannot go into setting) after the second day when I played mario striker pal version.I read this forum and they told me BBA & Pokeman (jap) can unbrick my wii,however I tried it yesterday but the setting still the same ,opera message.Why??
    Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The BBA (Wii de Yawaraka Atama Juku) and Pokemon Japanese version came out a while ago. They could still have had the 2.1J firmware on the game disc. Which means they would not unbrick your NTSC(J) Wii settings since you will need a firmware higher then 2.1J to unbrick it.

I had advised a few members to download those games and see if they would unbrick their Japanese Wii Settings but I also stated that I didn't know for sure what firmware was on the game disc at the time they had released them.

You will need to have a Japanese game disc with firmware higher then 2.1 to unbrick your Wii settings.

Also for your information the Japanese version of Big Brain Academy is not labeled as Big Brain Academy. It is labeled as Wii de Yawaraka Atama Juku.

So if you downloaded a game disc labeled Big Brain Academy and burned and updated it on your Wii then more then likley you went from 2.1E to a 2.2U firmware update and still have the semi-brick issue.

If you downloaded the correct version of BBA (Wii de Yawaraka Atama Juku) and Pokemon Japanese version then maybe they had the older 2.1J version firmware on the game disc which would not correct the semi-brick issue. If this is the case then try getting the new Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race and update with that. More then likley it should have the most recent 2.2J firmware update on it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  3. cassamir

cassamir Member

Thanks,for your help.
    I will try to find this games.

4. LeDav007

LeDav007 Member

You should try Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race if you find it. Every other game mentionned here or elsewhere until now (Pokemon, Harvest Moon, RE4, Necronesia...) won't work for this...

I am afraid that until a 2.3J is released there will be no solution... And hope that then you can find a game with it as you won't be able to update on internet...

Really keep us informed here, we are many many looking for a solution !

5. cassamir

cassamir Member

Just want to know,when the update option appear on the screen in Jap word,so which one should I choose (right or left).For your info I'm from Malaysia and using english as our 2nd language and malay no 1.
    Thanks

6. JmNasium

JmNasium Member

Not sure if Japanese works on here, but click on the one that says "はい" If that didn't work, the one with 2 characters is yes, the one with 3 characters is no

7. LeDav007

LeDav007 Member

Yes japanese caracters appear fine for me here, and you're right JmNasium, in the dialogs ?? is "confirm" so Cassamir if you want to confirm any option that's it.

8. LeDav007

LeDav007 Member

LOL ! I say japanese caracters appear fine and they don't in my post ! Well Cassimir if you can see it in JmNasium's post, that's "confirm"

9. cassamir

cassamir Member

Latest update.
    Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (Jap),still not solved the problem.
    Thanks

10. japanwii

japanwii Member

Mee too. I can't even able to play mario striker PAL after bricked.
    I think we will have two options.
    - buy a chip that can upgrade and downgrade firmware (nand flash)
    - wait until the new firmware 2.3 or 2.4 that will update and fix web link on the machine.

I'm not a eletronic guy but I think that's a machine that can flash firmware and copy from other machine. It used to flash our pc bios that can be flash Wii.

11. Mayku

Mayku Member

I got the same problem with my Jap Wii. Anyone knows what is the latest wii game and version ?
    I still can play games like mario striker NTSC but can't, for example, play BBA NTSC (dunno why :/) and of course, I can't get in setting.
    need an update.

12. Superlemo

Superlemo Guest

You 've semi- bricked your wii then, like me. WE have to wait for a newer title of Japanese games to update the firmware again so we can go online and accesss the setings menu again.

13. Superlemo

Superlemo Guest

You 've semi- bricked your wii then, like me. WE have to wait for a newer title of Japanese games to update the firmware again so we can go online and accesss the setings menu again.

14. Superlemo

Superlemo Guest

15. cassamir

cassamir Member

Hi again.
    It seems a few new Jap game out in the market currently.Anybody knew latest firmware update in that game?
    Thanks

16. Mayku

Mayku Member

name of these games ?

17. Superlemo

Superlemo Guest

titles would be nice because i don't know japanese.

18. cassamir

cassamir Member

Bleach: Wii Shiraha Kirameku Rinbukyoku
    Forever Blue / Endless Ocean
    Jigsaw Puzzle: Kyou no Wanko
    Guilty Gear XX Accent Core
    Shin Chuuka Taisen: Michael to Meimei no Bouken
    Sharuui * Takoron
    Go to :-
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-14-71-bs-49-en.html

19. cassamir

cassamir Member

Hi everybody.
    I heard about the latest Wii firmware already out.
    Any new jap game that have this firmware.
    Thanks

20. Superlemo

Superlemo Guest

Really! O WOW!

Where'd you hear it from? I am dying to fix my wii!