1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Key installation problems?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by capdan, Jun 17, 2007.

1. capdan

capdan Member

Hi all, this is my first post. Firdt of all I would like to say thank you for the wealth of information on this forum.

My Question:-
    I have installed a genuine Wii Key. Original discs still work fine but I can not get any other media to work. I have burnt the wii key configurator on both Verbatim + and - disks at speeds of 2 - 4 - 8
    using Nero and various othe programs. I have also tried downloading the image again and I have checked the byte size is correct. No matter what I try I keep getting "Unable to read the disk"

I am wondering if the wii key is working. Is there a way to test if the key is working. Has any one else experianced this issue?

Thank you in advance

CapDan

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Sounds like a bad soldering job. You tried to burn the file with ImgBurn correct?

3. capdan

capdan Member

Thank you for your reply,
    Yes I tried Imgburn too. Also tried copying from my liton drive and my sony drive within my laptop with various combinations. I have been starting to think the same thing. The only thing I was thinking is that if it was not soldered correctly wouldn't I have other problems? not sute as this is the first Wii that I have done.

I think it may be worth a resolder

Thanks again Capdan

4. brasco85

brasco85 Member

Yeah it's the soldering trust me.

5. demibee

demibee Member

I had the same problem. Checked my connections with a multi meter and they were fine. Resoldered just in case and STILL had the problem reading the set up disk. On a whim I tossed in a burned game and it worked!

So your chip and installation might be ok and it's a matter of not reading the DVD setup disk.

Any tips on getting the disk to work from anyone else?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Have you bought 1 of the newer Wii Systems with the IC legs cut off from the Panasonic Chip?

Here is an image.
    [​IMG]

If so you will need to do a little modification to the Panasonic Chip to solder the wires to those cut legs.

Here is another discussion link on these types of newer boards.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/517095

Here is a link to images of the modification of the Panasonic Chip.

http://psx-scene.com/forums/wii-modchips/57136-new-north-america-wiis-extremly-hard-mod-2.html

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007