1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii key question

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Link002, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Link002

Link002 Member

alright, i think i have finally found out my modchip!!! alright, i went back to the game store where i got my wii chip, and i asked what chips he puts into the wiis he sells, and modifys. He tellin me that he only sell wii key, and dc2 chip for the whole year, he asked me, when did u get yours modded, i said august, because that was around the date i got it, he said, i 99.999 precent sure, your chip is wiikey, cause we didnt recieve the dc2 chips at our store yet... so i think i have wii key, if i burn the 1.9 update of wii key, and put it in my wii, will anything further happen? if it is wii key, will it read the disk, and just work>? or will it not read the disk, and it will mean i dont have wiikey, and the guy at the store totally lied at me?

2. juniR

juniR Guest

You can't hurt your system if you try updating the Wiikey firmware and running the config disk etc - even if it has another modchip in or none at all. They will only work with Wiikey. If it has been fitted properly - and you have no reason to think it has not cos you took it to a professional - then all should be ok. Any doubts about anything then it wouldn't hurt to read all the info provided in the stickied threads at the top of this section, bearing in mind how little you know about the Wiikey/modchips etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2008