1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Mod-chip decision

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ebay, Mar 26, 2007.

1. ebay

ebay Regular member

I'm trying to decide which chip to buy. I'm getting ready to buy one in about 3 to 5 days. So I was looking at the wii Key. Does anyone already have it and does it work good? Also where are some good instalation guides? Heres one from the site I order from: http://www.mod-chip.com/images/Wii/wiikey/wiikey_manual.pdf Anyone know the cheapest price to get it for?

2. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

I have my WiiKey. I love it. Waiting for the firmware update to play Naruto EX. I got it for imports but plays backups great too.

I ended up paying a grand total of $70 for the chip, triwing screwdriver, "wire kit" (ripoff. It was just some solder) and overnight shipping. Got it and had a friend of mine do a nice direct solder job (she repairs soldering mistakes for a living).

Careful with the Wii teardown. I ended up having to drill out three of the screws (stripped off the triwing heads) and didn't put all of the screws back (extras :) lol)

3. dakster

dakster Member

I've had my wiikey in for about a week now, and haven't had any problems with it once I figured out how to burn a disc correctly (8x, and change booktype to DVD-ROM, for my media at least).

Remember to turn off the wiiconnect24 before removing the battery (required to take apart the wii). It will save you a major pain in the arse later.

What I did with the is when I pulled them out, I wrapped each one in scotch tape and labeled it so I knew where they all went. Worked out well, I got all my screws back in :)

4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Magnetic screwdrivers are a MUST. I had to find out the hard way. There are four screws that hold the DVD drive in place. I didn't have a magnetic screwdriver and had a horrible time trying to get them back in. If you don't have the right screwdriver, use a piece of tape to keep the screw on the driver and get it started. Take the tape off and finish screwing it back in.

5. ebay

ebay Regular member

ok I will try to get a magnetic screwdriver. I need a pictured guid on how to solder the chip in. If you find one let me know.

Thanks

6. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Check the wiikey.cn resources page.