1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii mod chips and online play

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Wiiii, May 23, 2007.

1. Wiiii

Wiiii Guest

Sorry if this has already been discussed, I was wondering in on online play for the wii if nintendo bans you, can you not play online again on that wii system? or can you turn off the chip, reomve it etc. and play online again on the same system?

Also wii key or Wiid in terms of steath options?

2. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

wiid for stealth because you can turn the chip off, so far there are not any games online for wii, but all the online features work fine with my wiikey, so I dont know what to tell you at this time

3. Wiiii

Wiiii Guest

i dont want to go out pay $70 to get a mod chip installed and have nintendo banning me from online play thats all

4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

I swear this freaking question gets answered almost daily, and yet people dont search!
    [
    The answer is, yes, if you have a modded wii, nintendo will instantly ban you, and file a lawsuit against you. Also, in conjunction with the EULA you agreed to by turning on your wii, they may, and probably will, murder your mother and/or pets.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Mario Strikers Charged Football is out for the PAL Wii.

It will work on NTSC Wii systems. Do not patch the ISO with a region patcher. Just burn the ISO to disc and most Modchips will play.

Online play does work with this Game backup plus with Wii systems that have Modchips installed.

The only problem that I have read are some have had problems with asking a friend to play the online game. You can play with others online but you can not connect to a specific friend to play. (This is on a backup copy of the game) I have no idea why this is but that is what i have read.

Last edited: May 23, 2007
  6. bennasher

bennasher Regular member

DraTs is right, why just the other day i popped in strikers and i found my goldfish beheaded in it's bowl - Nintedo are cruel heartless killers. If i was you and if you wii is chipped id flush it down the toilet ASAP.

EDIT: Dont worry about it - its been tested and nothing can happen just make sure you are always up to date with the latest firmware and you'll be fine!