1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii modchips online play??

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Silky2007, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Silky2007

Silky2007 Member

will my chipped wii work online and if it does will anything happen 2 it if i play mario strikers charge??

2. Zaneblade

Zaneblade Member

i havnt done it myself yet but yes i have heard of many other people playing online using a backup disk of mario strikers

again before you put the disk in, update your wii first, and also it would be safer to use the correct region disk if you could... if you do all that there should be no problems

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

This has been asked multiple times. Here is a link to the search feature of this site...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/search/forum_search.cfm

As of now no one has had issue with playing Mario Strikers online with a Modchip installed. Both Original and backup are successful at playing online.

As Zaneblade has suggested. Make sure your Wii is updated with the latest firmware. Especially if you have an NTSC(U) or NTSC(J) Wii system. (Mario Strikers is only out for the PAL region . North American game dose not come out till July)

If you have 1 of those regions and do not have your Wii updated to the latest firmware (2.2U/2.2J)then the PAL version of Mario Strikers will semi-brick your Wii. It effects the Wii system settings.

If you have a PAL Wii then you have no need to worry about the Game Disc updating your Wii.

To find out what firmware you are on go to your Wii systems settings and it will be in the top right hand corner.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2007
  4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Say it with me now everybody: its the afterdawn mantra!

Search before post
    Search before post...

Search before post...

Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post! Search before post!