1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii nakered?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by dimebag07, Oct 1, 2007.

1. dimebag07

dimebag07 Member

hi all, modded about 11 wiis so far, however modded my friends wii last week and it was a easy one (1st launch) however after he played it for a while random squares came up on the screen, not sure what he did after but basicly now when you turn it on you can't do it by the remote cos it freezes, and if you turn the console on it will recognise the game etc (still with random squares of lines (sometimes its text displayed somewhere else on the screen)) and then freeze again when you turn on the wiimote, the moded drive works fine in my wii and if you take out the drive it still freezes etc when you try to sync / connect the remote, and help is welcome, thanks. dimebag

2. slibs

slibs Regular member

what do you mean it works fine on yours? what exactly did you connect to yours, just his drive or...? glitches on the screen might be caused by some kind of GPU malfunction, how'd the modding go? nothing was soldered for too long or anything?

3. dimebag07

dimebag07 Member

yeh i took out the dvd drive (with the chip still on) plugged it into my wii and it works fine, stil plays backups etc no glitches on screen, it just seems to be his wii, tried my drive in his still get the same problem, also tried his with out a drive as it only seems to freeze when the controller is activated, still no joy, mod seemed to go fine, soldered one wire to a leg instead of the solder point as it seemed relevant to keep the wires nice and flat, no arcs or shorts etc everything looks fine and still plays from the drive, glued the wires so no chance of them touching etc.