1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Netflix disconnects

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by redcape, May 23, 2011.

1. redcape

redcape Regular member

can anyone at all help me with this, you guys are supposed to be pros. i have an ASUS RT N16 router, I am connected wireless on my Wii and two laptops. I never have a problem with my connection via my laptops but when I am on my wii watching netflix movies or with WiiMC I drop connection intermittenly and have to either go to the wii home screen and log back in or hard reset. bleh! Any help would greatly appreciated. any good and helpful advice would be even better!

Thanks!

Cheers!

2. ehamm13

ehamm13 Regular member

Mine sometimes does that but only because my Wireless Router (Belkin N+) is diagonal in another room between 2 walls.
    I always get disconnected mainly on Wi-Fi (mainly COD)
    Also if you are using at the same time for instances Limewire or any of those programs, it will definitely make it worse depending on how much dl is coming in.
    WiiMC I have the same problems, I think it is mainly on the other sides issue. I have only had a couple of hangups on WiiMC, but playing multiplayer, I just say forget it, it's too frustrating just to play against people for 6 minutes and then get disconnected.

3. redcape

redcape Regular member

i figured it out. I set up a static IP for the Wii in the wii internet settings and now I have no problems at all! i never get disconnected from my online gaming, I don't get disconnected from Netflix and my wii mc dosn't lose it's connection either. it's practically flawless.