1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii not recognizing any disc

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jpc1284, Dec 22, 2007.

1. jpc1284

jpc1284 Regular member

I just installed a wiikey and everything was working fine. I didnt have a GC controler so i never ran the setup or anything until today. Before that i only Played a backup of Trauma Center New blood to make sure everything was working. Everything cheked out so i ran the setup disc and enabled the region free and everthing. I restarted teh system and now my wii does not recognize any disc. Originals wont load and back ups wont load. Any ideas. I am not above just removing the chip and saying screw imports if this is the trouble i have to go through.

2. jpc1284

jpc1284 Regular member

well I removed the chip and my wii works but no back ups or imports. What really sucks is when removing it i lifted two pads. Partially because i didn't realize it and secondly i was just frustrated at the stupid thing locking up on me. so maybe down the line when i get my courage back or there is a better chip ill try again and go directly to the IC legs, but for now this was $30 bucks down the drain. And no i am not a novice to mod chips i have done many installs in PS2 Xbox and PS1.