1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Remote Disconnects

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by neoweapon, Sep 23, 2007.

1. neoweapon

neoweapon Member

Hey all,

First of all, i would like to say i successfully modded my wii today and gives thanks to all on the boards who helped out. There is a problem however. Everytime I play mario strikers or resident evil 4, the wii remote disconnects every 2-3 minutes which is really annoying. I have the wiikey installed.

Is this a media issue or modchip issue? So far brain academy works fine with no disconnects but maybe because it doesn't require a nunchuck?

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

That sounds really weird! I wouldn't think that it would be a Hardware issue, but I would just check your soldering points just to make sure that the area is all clean, and that excess solder isn't just lying around! You may also just want to reconnect the controllers to the Wii, by pushing the Red Button inside the Wii Remote, and pressing the Red Button on the Front of the Wii (where the SD Card goes)!

3. neoweapon

neoweapon Member

I bought a new wiimote today and it has been working perfectly so far.

4. lovecars

lovecars Regular member

did u try new battieries and then resync

5. neoweapon

neoweapon Member

You know, i thought the batteries wasn't going to be a problem because they were brand new but i tried different batteries now and it has been working fine.

6. neoweapon

neoweapon Member

actually, the same controller that wasn't working before correctly is disconnecting again. i think its a defective wii remote.