1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii SD backup problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by silenca, Dec 6, 2007.

1. silenca

silenca Guest

Hi, everytime i us the sd dump on my wii key it never works ...always says error cant read the sd card. but i have been able to read it in the sd card slot just no in the slot A .....does anyone know y this is? thanks

2. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

you have to use sdformat.bat or whatever that comes with the wiikey stuff to format the sd card properly. What it does, is it formats it, and puts a bin file that takes up the full size of the card.. when the stuff is dumped, its dumped into that bin file.

3. silenca

silenca Guest

hey, thanks for the reply, thing is i did that, it made a file that took up all byt 10mb i think of my sd card. i followed it and put it into the wiikey adapter card i got and placed it into slot A. ran the wiikey config 1.2 version that i burnt on a disc. when i run sd dump and it gets to the point of reading the sd card it says it is unable to read the card? so i ahve no idea but any help would be appreciated :) thanks

4. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

hmm.. my only suggest would be to try a different SD card then. I knew that before I used the whole sdformat thing, one of my sd cards wouldnt even be recognized, whereas the other, the one I actually successfully used since, said it had an error reading it... but the other one, the wii didnt even see.