1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WII SD card movie file compatability

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by gazzbag, Jan 24, 2007.

1. gazzbag

gazzbag Member

i've tried to play an mpeg home video (2.5 minutes long)which i copied from my pc to the sd card...didn't work,so i converted the mpeg to quicktime .mov format,which is meant to be compatible with the WII,still no luck,i've also tried converting using different codecs,still no luck.does anyone know how i can convert mpegs to quicktime jpeg movie format,which is stated in the WII manual ? also a good file convertor that's free and user friendly ?

2. delkims

delkims Regular member

wii video9. dunno if any good yet as still to get my sd card

3. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

wii video 9 is the best and its free

but there is another problem first even though you can onvert videos for wii use the quality sucks

4. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya you can use Wii Video9 to convert movie files to play on the Wii. It just sucks though, because the format it puts it into is a huge file. I got a music video, and converted it, and before it was like 13MB, and after it was 77MB. That was only a 3min. clip. So imagine what it will look like when you do a full-length movie!

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

It I wouldnt say it makes the quality drop it pretty much retains it on Default settings if you muck aeround with the settings you can reduce the Bit rate and a few things and you will get a resonably smaller file size but it wont be too bad Ive got a 599mb video to 2gb and thankgod it worked the vid I started with was Cars and It worked pretty well But If all you want is liek Music Videos It's a great thing for music videos and its alrightish for normal videos but you have remember that this software came out like when the Wii was only out for 2 weeks and it will become better it will have a better compression ratio and as time moves on and homebrew kicks of maybe 6months from now we might see some codecs being added to trhe Wii so it supports maybe normal Divx Avi whihc is very small in size 600-700mb

6. carbon14

carbon14 Member

Maybe this is a dumb question....

Why would you WANT to put a movie onto and SD chip to play on the WII?????

Seems easier to put on a DVD and play it the normal way. Just wondering.

7. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

People may be just curious to try it out. That's why I did it. I wanted to see how it looked on the Wii and everything. I wouldn't put full-length movies on an SD card, because I have a Modded Xbox, Xbox 360, and PS2 that I could just play the movie on.