1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii stuck at Health and Saftey Warning Screen!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii' started by larrylje, Jul 15, 2008.

1. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The screen should auto launch into the Wii Menu after a while. But if you haven't left it on long enough it might not have had time.

Have you tried re-synching the Wiimotes?

Press the RED button in the Battery Compartment of the Wiimote then press the RED Button in the SD Slot of the Wii.
  2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. Beano357

Beano357 Member

The wii was purchased on launch day and has worked like a champ since. But now when the unit is turned on it will freeze at the health safety warning screen. The A button icon shows quickly then does not reappear.I have tried the +&- to enter maintenance mode but it will not get past the screen.

There also has been a Zune dock hooked to the USB port for over 9 months. This has been removed during troubleshooting.

Anyone see this or had it, there is very little on this topic that I have seen so far.

Wii 3.2u
    Wiikey 1.9s
    Sony Media
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

OK that is odd. How did my post end up at the top? LOL it says I posted an answer before you asked it. WOW I must be Psychic.
  5. Beano357

Beano357 Member

Thanks for the reply, nice job on answering my question before I asked it.. ;)

I've tried resyncing with no luck. It sounds as if I may have to send it into service. The screen has been left on for over 10 minute before I give up and turn it off.
  6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try unpluging it and taking the Battery out of the Wii for a few minutes then place the Battery back in and plug it in.
  7. Beano357

Beano357 Member

I have had it uplugged with out the battery and let it sit over night with no luck. Only the warning screen displays and the A button icon disapears right away. Loads and unloads disks but never gets to the Wii Menu.The WiiKey has been installed since 03/07 last update I did was for brawl.

Called Nintendo Support and they said that plugging the Zune in the USB port was not good or "real bad". I don't understand that as Nintendo has certified rechargable batteries and chargers that use the ports?..
  8. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Dang larrylje you really are psychic!

There have been some wacky threads here today - link