1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii U Wii Menu freeze

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by MrRatings, Mar 9, 2013.

1. MrRatings

MrRatings Member

Okay so I softmodded my wii U. Heres the goofy part... I didnt delete My Menuify off the list. I left the homebrew channel on with kids around and they switched the theme to the lime green wii theme. And now whenever i click on any of the channels it freezes, and when i click on wii settings it freezes. The only ones that dont freeze are the SD Card and Messages.

Dont have the warranty and gamestop took the reciept when i returned a game before that.

The Wii U menu works like a charm, but the wii menu freezes.... And I know you cant get bootmii on the Wii U

Hopeless?

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

sorry you now have messed up your wii u because the latest system update is blocking the homebrew channel on the wii u causing freezing and even crashes worse yet you have no warranty because by installing a illegal channel hack you have now voided the warranty on the wii u from both nintendo and gamestop.

You should have read the part of the homebrew channel on the wii u is experimental meaning its not been fully beta tested and checked with all wii u consoles the virtual wii still wont allow certain things to be done on the wii u and everytime nintendo provides a update you are at risk of bricking the wii portion of the wii u i would have waited until they finalized the code before tempting fate.

3. MrRatings

MrRatings Member

No i had it successfully installed with usb loader and everything working.... i just forgot to take my menuify off

4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

even if you had it running the system update for the wii u would have still disabled it because it's a part of the wii u security and because the wii u is a virtual wii the virtual wii program is running in wii u mode without the gamepad controller so i wouldn't hack anything because the code not being finalized and the fact they have updated the hombrew channel 6 times for the wii u because nintendo keeps blocking it or bricking it you are kinda screwed