1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Update Firmware

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by sunnyii, Feb 4, 2008.

1. sunnyii

sunnyii Member

Hello All,

I guess this maybe a very newbie question, but I just want to confirm everything before I do anything to brick me Wii.

1. "Will updating a wii via Internet brick your Wii?"

2. "The only way to brick your Wii is that you have install firmware that does not belongs to your region i.e. PAL System with NTSC Firmware?? or there are other ways to brick your Wii?"

The reason for this update is to play games that are higher version then my Wii.

P.S. I have cyclowiz installed and firmware version 2.2 I beleive and PAL Australian System.

Thanks

2. juniR

juniR Guest

1. No

2. Yeah if you update from a game that is not the same region as your Wii you have a good chance of causing problems with your Wii - and it isn't as simple as PAL or NTSC... eg. don't upgrade a US NTSC console with a Japanese NTSC disk (unless you can manage to do the trick where you stop the update shortly after it starts (read the sticky at the top)).

Update via the net whenever possible, but some games have their own update so be sure when you have to do those.