1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Upgrade Error: Test Failed Check Connections Try Again

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Legs2701, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Legs2701

Legs2701 Guest

Hi Everyone - I am new to this so please bear with me. I want to be able to play genuine ntsc games on my pal wii. I have brought about 20 and they wont play. Some do but most dont.

I have made the 1.9 and 1.3 new update disks but I am getting an error message:

"ERROR: test failed! - Check your connections and try again"
    One of the memebers on the forum said to use Multigame iso creator to make the disks and I did. I have copied only the pal iso's and I know I have a genuine wii key so I dont know what I am doing wrong.

I am also a little concerned about the lady's behind that appears is this even legit software or have I got a leaked version???

If any one has time to help out a newbie and point me in the right direction it would be must appreciated. Thanks

2. johnb1987

johnb1987 Member

I have a 3.0U Wii and I had that problem, this is what you do:

Before you press A to "test flash", eject the disc
    it will go to 100% and be a success
    Put the disc back in, press A
    Right before it says press A to flash, eject the disc a second time
    Let it flash, and it should work

This allowed me to flash my Wiikey with 1.9b, but I am still unable to save the options on the 1.3 set up disc, nor will it let me open up the snes emulator, media player, etc.

So I really don't know where to go from this point.

3. johnb1987

johnb1987 Member

Nevermind...looks like it means you have a clone...

If anybody can verify that the eject thing does not work, and that people with this error are just screwed, please contribute to this topic.

4. Legs2701

Legs2701 Guest

HI John,
    Sorry I didnt reply sooner been away for a few days.
    I will give this a try and let you know how I go but if I have a genuine wii key sticker hologram thingy wouldn't that verify that its genuine and not a clone?
    Thanks heaps will see how I go

5. Legs2701

Legs2701 Guest

Ok The flash thingy worked but now i am having the same problem cant save the settings on the 1.3 disk. Also the GCOS is still not allowing me to play genuine ntsc games Any ideas?
    Thanks

6. Dafluke24

Dafluke24 Member

try loading the 1.2 setup disc and change Region override setting to "ON" and save those settings. then load the 1.3 disc and see if it will let you save the settings. the firmware update works on both original wiikey and clones as well. I flashed my clone the other day and still working fine.

good luck

7. Legs2701

Legs2701 Guest

Will Give that a try
    Thanks Heaps

8. Legs2701

Legs2701 Guest

Tried that it still wont save the settings. Thanks Anyway
    I have tried looking at a few other forums but no-one has an answer yet that I have found or maybe I am not looking in the right place.
    I also cant get the GCOS to boot the ntsc games so I dont know what i have done wrong

9. Dafluke24

Dafluke24 Member

Yea I dont know what else to try. I'm still new to this myself and your best bet is to try the other forums and see if anyone with more knowledge can help. Bummer. Hope it all works out for you.

10. johnb1987

johnb1987 Member

No, I mean that this eject trick doesn't actually work, it just a trick to make it say that it worked, but it doesn't actually update anything.

After reading around the differnet forums, this error apparently means that you do not have an authentic wiikey, thus it can't be updated.

Also, the region free thing looks like its "off" but it's really on, it's part of the "stealth" mechanism.

11. Cobaltos

Cobaltos Member

The Eject trick kinda destroyed my Wiikey, now I have to use the recovery disc -.-