1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii USB LOADER was working, now not :( SOLVED

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by fyusuf1, Sep 10, 2009.

1. fyusuf1

fyusuf1 Member

Hi there, i'm ever so frustrated. I've been trying for hours to get my usb loader working again. It just wont detect the hard drive it was working on before. I'm pretty sure it has got something to do with me formatting my sd card. Well thats the only thing i've changed since this started to happen. I run the usb loader of my main screen. The backup discs work but the hard drive was far superior and would like to get that working again. Any suggestions?
    So far i've tried the latest revision of usb loader gx. Tried the cios installer again cios38v14 installer i think? Any help would be great. Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Make sure your Hard drive is in the right USB Port (when looking at the back toward the USB slots). If it is in the wrong USB slot then it will not be detected.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2009
  3. fyusuf1

fyusuf1 Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I've got one of those enclosures which come out which have 2 usb outputs. It was working before today, I've tried all combinations with the usb ports. I just don't get why it has stopped working. I've even formatted again using the wbfs manager. still no luck. If i had known messing round with the sd card would have did this, i wouldn't have touched it. It still doesn't makes sense to me because im pretty sure whatevers on the home menu is independent from the sd card.

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you have the USB Loader installed as a channel then it should work. the only thing you might need the SD card for is to host covers and config files (thats if you haven't made a fat32 partition on the HDD to host the files).

5. fyusuf1

fyusuf1 Member

i'm just going to get the wd my book hd. hopefully that sorts it out. I was using the sd to host the disc covers and stuff, I would never have thought that would have stopped my hard drive from working. I'll let you know how i get on. Thanks for your input very much appreciated. Your an asset to this forum. I've seen you helping people out on here with the wii. Thanks

6. robdx

robdx Member

can hosting the images on sd card stop the hard drive from working???

7. dailun

dailun Regular member

I don't see how. That's where I have mine.

To further clarify larryjle's comment, it's the OUTSIDE USB port that you need to use for the HDD.

On my Wii (power switch on top), it would be the rightmost USB connector looking from the rear.

If your power switch is on the bottom, it would be the leftmost USB port.

If your Wii is laying flat, it would be .. . . . . oh forget it.

Just use the USB connector closest to the edge. <G>

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I fixed my post. You where right dailun it is the right not left. Guess my mind was somewhere else.

9. robdx

robdx Member

that could be whats causing my issues with usb, 1 is damaged, if u right click and save this image of my wii's ports[​IMG]. i can get the usb(wd my passport essential 320gb) working but have to plug/unplug a few times. I updated to cios38_rev 14 but then it wouldnt load usb at all, so rolled back to 13a and can load but unplug plug a few times before it loads.........is it possible to get the usb slots replaced at a repair shop as im convinced this is the problem

10. fyusuf1

fyusuf1 Member

Hi, thanks for your input. I managed to get it to work again. It was either the cios files were messed up or maybe because the sd card was hosting the usb loader. Either way, i went through the whole installation again and now it works. I thought everything you installed from wad manager goes directly onto the nand and that program would be independent from the sd card. I was wrong, i needed the sd card, the usb loader was a forwader? something new i've come across.

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

A forwarder is just a link between the Wii Channel menu and the SD Card (so you don't have to boot the USB Loader from the Homebrew Channel). So yes you still need the app at the apps directory on the SD card for the forwarder to find it.