1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii video9

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by delkims, Jan 16, 2007.

1. delkims

delkims Regular member

hi i was wondering about video9 for the wii is it only possible at the moment to watch movies from the sd card? or has someone came up with a way of putting a dvd in instead??
    thanks

2. tabletpc

tabletpc Guest

yes im sorry to say but i wouldnt even bother because the wii video format is huge a 100 meg file ends up being 1.2 gigs just after conversion using the wii video 9 converter so i would say dont even bother with video on the wii

considering the wii is limited to 2 gigs only right now

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

ya! I'm really upset with the format that the Wii uses. I converted a 13MB file, and it ended up being like 70MB. Why couldn't they use like MP4, like the ipod Video. I have full-length movies on mine, and they are only about 500MB. Nintendo should have done that...

4. dazila

dazila Regular member

Well it would be very easy for them to give an firmware update whihc would allow you to use USB devices but they wont because it would be easier for pirtaes to homebrew and that is why SD card sare limited to 2gb because they know if tehre is a way to boot a game of like an SD card every Wii game is over 2gb so there is no way to put it to the card.

5. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

I think this is the last thing Nintendo is worrying about right now. I don't think they will be doing anything like that soon...

6. dazila

dazila Regular member

Who cares we will do it for them like in the past.

7. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

Ya, that's true. Maybe we should put a petition together, and send it to Nintendo showing them they should change the format of videos to be viewed on the Wii...