1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wii vortex games?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by 1773, May 30, 2007.

1. 1773

1773 Regular member

hey i was jsut woundering what wii vortex games where. is there anythnig wrong with them?

2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

isnt vortex the release groups name

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

There is a Vortex NTSC Mario Strikers download out that was patched from the PAL version.

So it still has the PAL update on the game disc.

They label it as the NTSC version and say it was riped from an NTSC game disc but that is false.

I can't believe sites let it stay up. I have reported the file to multiple sites that have it uploaded but it seems they don't give a crap since they are still on the site for download.

The ISO has already bricked the Wii System Settings on some NTSC owners because they thought they where getting the real NTSC version.

Such a shame people don't think before uploading crap like that. plus such a shame sites keep it up when they know it has caused problems for others.

So fare warning to all that download VORTEX ISO Game Disc. They do patch the ISO and then label them whatever region they have patched it to.

4. 1773

1773 Regular member

so a mario party 8 wii vortex game could only be a ntsc usa game rite because its only out for north america rite now? correct me if i am wrong

5. johnp135

johnp135 Member

So is it possible that the game could've patched a NTSC wii to a PAL firmware then? I think my NTSC wii was updated by the update from this disc and now madden 07 crashes on launch..? Any ideas? Thanks.

Another note.. other games seem to work fine for the most part.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

No it is the PAL version out at this time.

Vortex patched the ISO to NTSC but it still has the PAL update on the disc. So if you have an NTSC(U) or NTSC(J) Wii and have a firmware version lower then 2.2 it will brick your Wii settings.

To keep your Wii settings from being bricked you will need to make sure the firmware version is 2.2U for NTSC(U) consoles or 2.2J for NTSC(J) consoles.

Some users didn't have their Wii updated and downloaded the Vortex NTSC Mario Strikers thinking they where fine because it was the NTSC version which it was actually the patched version of a PAL game and upgraded their NTSC(U) system to 2.2E firmware bricking the system settings.

@ohnp135

The people that have done this to their NTSC(U) Wii can not go into their Wii System settings but games seem to boot and play fine. So it is just a semi-brick issue.

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  7. johnp135

johnp135 Member

Ok, I did have version 2.2u, and everything SEEMS to be working fine on my wii (it's definetly not bricked), but any guesses as to why madden suddenly stopped working..? It now crashes on immediate loading or soon thereafter..

EDIT: Hmm.. looks like I may have jumped the gun.. The wii seems to be incredibly sensitive to smudged media or any dirt and that looks like the cause. I seem to be getting alot of cannot read disc errors, but I guess it could just be bad burns. Thanks

Last edited: May 30, 2007
  8. 1773

1773 Regular member

well if the game does not ask for an update at the start of the game then it is ntsc usa rite and not PAL?

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If the Game disc has an update on it it usually is on all region game disc.

I am sure when the USA NTSC version comes out in July it will have the NTSC update on the Game Disc.

10. 1773

1773 Regular member

ok i am talknig about mario party 8 not

mario strikers football or w.e its name is. were u tlaking about mario strikers football

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I have heard a few say that Mario party 8 prompted for an update as well. But you asked...

What I am saying is updates have nothing to do with if the game is a PAL game disc or a NTSC(U)/NTSC(J) game disc.

If there is a update on a game disc the update will be on all region versions of that game.

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  12. rar3z

rar3z Guest

Hi, I am one of the the users who fell on the update process. I just recently installed the wiikey and to test it I downloaded the Mario Striker from torrent.. "Mario_Strikers_Charged_NTSC_Wii-VORTEX" that was the title to be exact. My WII was on firmware 2.0U .. After the reassembly of the WII from the mod, I didn't get to update the time nor the wifi settings. As soon as I placed the Mario Strikers in the wii for the first time it did prompt me to update. Being hype about it working and all that.. by mistake I clicked yes to the update and I saw the screen saying "Updating.. do not turn off." I didn't know how to stop it and didn't want to turn it off either. After the brief update the wii seemed to work fine until I was trying to fix the clock by going to the settings. Which in turn gave me an error from the built in Opera browser.

Now my question is.. is there any way to fix this? If so please let me know. Thanks.

13. NoName79

NoName79 Member

Well i d/led mario strikers vortex but not trusting anything d/led i used the best tool out for wii wiibrickblocker 1.3. Loaded the iso in and did read info and unfortunatly it was europe/pal so i jus deleted it. best tip for all, check all games you d/l cause you never know!!

14. rar3z

rar3z Guest

Thanks for the info about the wiibrickblocker.. I will be using it for any of the new iso's from now on.. But Is there any way for me to restore my system back? Is there anything? Like another update to like 2.2 or something where my wiiKey will work and all of the settings and etc.. If so please let me know. Thanks.

15. NoName79

NoName79 Member

well if it's not updated to 3.0 yet ... you might be able to connect it to the net and update it to 3.0 and hopefully should fix your problem, I am not sure cause i have yet to have that problem. there are ppl here with more experience with bricking issues that hopefully can answer your question better

16. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

he cant connect to net as he has bricked his wii. he has to wait for a game to be released with the latest update on it so hopefully update his wii from disc

17. rar3z

rar3z Guest

Actually I just fixed it.. I've updated my WII (NTSC/USA) with the following torrented game "Mario Party 8" And it updated my system to "2.2U" I think. I am not front of my Wii for me to tell you the exact version but I know it's the 2.2. Thanks to all for helping.

BTW I've burned the game directly from ISO without doing any of the brickblocking techniques since I wanted it to update my Wii. So far it hasn't done any bad side effects or anything instead it fixed my "Settings" problem and added the necessary updates of the news and weather. Since I went from 2.0 to 2.2.

If you already have 2.2 I think some users reported that if you upgrade using that torrent. It will give you duplicate copy of news and weather. There are help/hints along with the torrent in how to prevent that as well.

18. chibidono

chibidono Member

I just ran the exact Strikers iso from Vortex

Mario_Striker_Charged_NTSC_Wii-VORTEX

with the WiiBrickBlocker v1.3 and it says

ID console: R (Wii)
    Code jeu: (4Q)
    Code region : E (NTSC/USA)
    Code editeur : 01 (Nintendo)

and when I clicked on Patcher(which I assume means patch...) it says Termine...

but I guess I don't even have to patch it if its the NTSC/USA right?