1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii Wireless Connection Problem

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by raysuave, Feb 10, 2007.

1. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I got my Wii this morning via ebay shipment and when the Wii tests the internet connection, sometimes it passes and sometimes it doesn't. When it does pass, I proceed to start the internet updates. Everytime in the middle of updating, the progress bar stops and sits there for like 15 minutes, then the Wii reports a connection problem. I called one of my friends who works at Comp USA and has had a Wii for a while, and he said that he always has problems connecting to and he has heard a lot of complaints about it. So it seems that this problem is widespread.

Does anybody have any advice on what to try to maintain the connection when the Wii reports a uccessful connection?

2. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I finally got the update to work, but now when I try to turn on Wiiconnect24, a connection error keeps happening even after the connection test is successful????????

3. dc_bros

dc_bros Member

Same thing happens to me buddy. Try connecting to LAN. My friend is connected online with LAN and he tells me that he had no connection problems.

4. ddilbert

ddilbert Member

its most likely signal strength or there is interference

5. raysuave

raysuave Regular member

I use a wireless on a lap top everywhere around my house with no problem so I doubt that that would the issue unless the Wii has to be less than 20 feet from the router which is how far it is from router right now. Why couldn't they just put a ethernet connection right on the console, I feel like I am working with Apple products.