1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiChess

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by wiichess, Feb 5, 2008.

1. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

What do you know, nintendo made a game after me. :)
    Currently WiiChess is only out in Europe, now I have had a 3.1U and 1.9g wiikey. And I updated from the Pal game. I was aware that it would semi-brick my wii and give me dual channels and it did. I can play online, play with friend codes, etc. Now about unbricking it. I thought that brawl was going to be the next firmware update and it isnt. The question is does anyone have a guess about what game wii have next firmware update. I was thinking Mario Cart Wii, released in the USA on March 15. Not in a big hurry to unbrick, just wondering.

2. nintylink

nintylink Member

there is no current method of getting rid of the double channels. i have the double channels form the smash bros brawl update so i now what your dealing with. Also can you access all your system setting or does it produce an opera error. with the update from the smash bros brawl it was only a partial update so i can still access my settings.

3. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

Well reformating your wii get rid of the channels, but I cant open wii settings. That is why I was asking about a new firmware update. Anyways its cool I never go into wii settings anyway, but still dont like the fact that my wii is semi-bricked.

4. wiichess

wiichess Regular member

I get the opera error. But I will wait for the new firmware.