1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiiconnect24

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by juz098, Feb 9, 2008.

1. juz098

juz098 Member

I'm going to get my D2C wii modded soon. I have Super Smash Bros Dojo(obviously Japanese) but I am afraid of bricking my wii. If I turn off Wiiconnect24 does this mean I won't brick my wii? Or will this not let me on wi-fi

2. Oxadillia

Oxadillia Guest

Wifi is absolutely fine with these modchips, and are technically undetectable to Nintendo (because it doesn't modify firmware, but thats not saying they never will). The only thing you have to remember is to never update via an import disc.

The only way to avoid the update is to have a backup, and then use regionfrii and brick blocker on it to remove the update.

3. juz098

juz098 Member

Do I update by going to the wii settings and clicking wii system update? Is that the only way to update because when I go there it says if you have an unauthorized technical modification your system could go unoperable? Or will there be an update while I am playing SSB Dojo? Btw how do i use regionfrii and wiibrickblock? And to have a backup what does that mean?

4. wtc05

wtc05 Member

Hey,

- Go ahead and update your console via the settings menu. (Ignore the "Unauthorized Device" warning and click OK)

- Now to play Smash your system requires an update from the Japanese disc. The trick is you only need the first 15% of the update. So to update you will need one copy the game brickblocked and one that is not. (wiibrickblocker is a program that patches the .iso to prevent the system from reading the update). Also, if you dont have your wii unlocked to play multiple regions you will need to get regionfrii and patch the iso.(Both regionfrii and wiibrickblocker are pretty much self explanatory, you shouldnt have a problem using them). Patch the .iso with regionfrii if necessary and burn a copy. Then patch that same .iso with wiibrickblocker and burn another copy. To re-cap you should now have two dvds one brickblocked and one not. Next make sure that your system has the newest firmware available!! Then insert the non brickblocked disc. When you select it from the disc channel it will say that it needs to update, click ok. When the progress bar is directly below the "w" in the word power unplug the power cord from the back of the system. Reboot your wii and eject the disc (You are finished with this disc) then insert the brickblocked disc and enjoy.

A few notes...
    - If you do not pull the power cord and let the system update from the disc you will have a fully functional wii except you will have duplicate weather and news channels. However, a few people have claimed that the update has disabled their settings menu.

- If you want to save a dl dvd you can download the single layer rip of the games and put it on a regular dvd. Just make sure you dont run brickblocker on it.

- You can find both regionfrii and wiibrickblocker with a google search.

5. juz098

juz098 Member

Thanks for the help. I only have one more question the regionfrii is an .exe program but wii brick block is an .iso file so does that mean I burn both the SSB Dojo .iso as well as the wiibrickblocker.iso on the same disc? Or is that just a fake?

6. wtc05

wtc05 Member

Both regionfrii and wiibrickblocker are .exe programs used to patch iso files.

When you search wiibrickblocker go to the first result, The Official Homepage. On their home page the first thing listed is the latest release for brick blocker, download it and extract the .rar file. You should get an .exe named wiibrickblocker.