1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiD Problem!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Sciver3, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Sciver3

Sciver3 Member

I just had my WiiD chip installed last week but so fat haven't been able to run any backup DVD!

Here's my hardware:
    PAL Wii (RVL-001 EUR)
    S/N LEH1223
    Chipset GC2-D2B *according to WiiTracker*
    FW 3.0E *updated after WiiD installation*
    WiiD FW 02 *updated after Wii FW update*

I use TDK DVD-R 1x-16x discs which I toast at the lowest possible speed (4x) on a NEC ND-2510A (FW 2.19) burner. Earlier on I also tried Sony DVD+R and Imation DVD-R, but most forums agree TDK DVD-R should work fine.

My backups of all games so far end up showing a black screen with white letters telling me to eject the disc, power off the Wii and turn to the user manual.

Until now I tried to run my backed up PAL versions of Spiderman 3, Call Of Duty 3, Mario Party 8, Prince of Persia Rival Swords, Splinter Cell Double Agent, Resident Evil 4 and a couple of others I can't remember now. They all show their Splash Screen in the Wii Menu but on booting all end up with the same message.

I'm afraid the chip installer can't help me much because he's only interested in installing chips. He claims he's installed the chip correctly as it's running the GCOS boot disc. I can't open the Wii myself and therefore have no way of knowing whether I have the cut pins version.

Could someone please give my some advice as to what I can try next? I ruined a lot of DVDs so far and have to play my first backup yet...

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
    Chris

Last edited: Sep 8, 2007
  2. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

i personally would try using as different burner

when the chip was installed did u see it actually working?

3. Cogypsy

Cogypsy Member

It sounds like your chip is not hooked up right. I have seen that on some WiiD chips you have to solder the wires to the Quicksolder points in order for it to work.

4. Sciver3

Sciver3 Member

I've tried a different burner yesterday, same result.

And I haven't seen it working with any Wii DVD backup; the shop only showed it booting a GCOS boot disc for running GameCube backups.
    They're stating this proves correct chip installation and functionality, but I'm not sure you can prove that by running some boot disc...

5. Thinone

Thinone Regular member

if it is booting gc backups then it looks like the chip is working

i would now say either the chip has come loose or you need to try different media until u find one that works

can you try the gcos disc again?
    do u have friends with verified working backups u could try?

i use imgburn with maxell dvd-r 16x burnt at 4x

6. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I'd say, ditch the wiid and get a wiikey. I'm 1 for 4 on wiid installations that actually worked and haven't had a failed wiikey installation yet.

7. Sciver3

Sciver3 Member

I'm going to look for working backups or other modded Wiis...

8. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

The Quicksolder don't work half the time I think you should have the installer recheck your points. And if you have the last point hooked up I think its point D not sure then do a chip reset. The only time I get that screen is if I leave my game in the system for days and start it up but thats once in a while. And make sure you have the right Firmware Upgrade.. Hope this helps

9. Sciver3

Sciver3 Member

If the chip wouldn't be working, I guess my Wii wouldn't run the GCOS boot. I reset the chip and guess that worked, because for a while, the Wii didn't recognize any backup disc. After power off/power on the WiiD worked again, backup discs were recognized. Then I ran update FW02 and tried, but still the same problem... :-S

Thanks for all tips so far!

10. Menion

Menion Regular member

Whoa! somethings strange here... it seems somethings missing... hmm? wher the *bleep* is Larry!?!?! with a topic like "WiiD Problem!" He would have been here in 2 sec's lol (no offence larry you know we luv ya!)

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  11. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

The funny thing is I was thinking the same thing where is larry. He put me on to the wiid and I love it.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  12. Sciver3

Sciver3 Member

@spawn1980

Which media type do you use with your WiiD?

13. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

My system is not picky I use.
    TDK
    Sony
    Nexxtech
    Ritek
    Taiyo Yuden
    All DVD-R Never Tried DVD+R

14. Sciver3

Sciver3 Member

Thanks! I'm going to try some other brands soon. By the end of the week I should have some backups that work on another Wii, to figure out if it's the media, my burner, the Wii, the chip...

15. spawn1980

spawn1980 Regular member

Good Luck!! And Post Back..

16. dawildpep

dawildpep Member

Turn OFF WiiConnect24. None of the games you have tried to use will work again. But new game burns will. I had the same problem with Wiikey. Nintendo is defenatly starting to take notice.

17. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

Nonsense.

18. dawildpep

dawildpep Member

This just started happening to people on the 16th sunday, I have heard this same story on 5 differnt fourms and this has worked for everyone else.

19. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

Links?

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Download a GC game and see if you can get it to work. If the GC game boots and works or even a GCOS boot disc does then your Modchip is properly installed.

The WiiD could need to be updated. The 3.0E Wii update might be effecting the 2.0 WiiD Update like the Wiikey was effected. It would have been better to update before updating with the 3.0E firmware. The problem is with the limited GUI that the update has it is impossible to tell if the update has been updated or not.

I would recommend to anyone now not to get a WiiD Modchip. I have had no issues with my WiiD and it has worked but the support is SHIT.

They haven't updated their website for months. They have no released a new firmware update since 2.0 and they have not replied to any of the numerous e-mails I have sent to them.

When my WiiD takes a dump I defiantly will not be buying another 1.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007