1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiKey 1.9b Wii 3.1u problems

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by WPlum, Nov 21, 2007.

1. WPlum

WPlum Member

First i want to say i love this site, spend hours looking stuff up. With that out of the way on to my issue.

Details:
    WiiKey updated to 1.9b
    Wii updated to 3.1u
    Wii chipset DMS

Problem:
    My wii is unable to see the setup/config disks for the wiikey. It saw the FW 1.9b and the 1.9q(didnt use it though) and it worked fine. One of my 4 backed up games work, the other three are not even recgonized.
    The setup disks load up like a GC game, then when i hit the start its goes to a black screen telling me to eject the disk and turn off the Wii. I have tryed the 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 set up disks, before and after i updated the FW to 1.9b.
    The key is installed correctly, there are no shorts.
    Tryed TDK and sony -r DVDs, burned at 4x
    And i know my backups worked, tryed them on another modded wii.
    If anyone has any sugestions, they are much appricated.
    Billy

2. WPlum

WPlum Member

Silly question... How can you tell what region wii you have?

3. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

Where you bought it will tell you... 3.1u = NTSC firmware

I haven't been able to get the config running either, but I only download NTSC games on an NTSC system. I hear you need to turn on the region override before config disk 1.3 works. Try the 1.2 to turn on region override.

4. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

I haven't been able to get the config running either, but I only download NTSC games on an NTSC system. I hear you need to turn on the region override before config disk 1.3 works. Try the 1.2 to turn on region override.

5. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

6. Sagadon

Sagadon Guest

7. WPlum

WPlum Member

The 1.2 dosnt work, i tryed the US and the PAL config disks both with using filechop and with out.

8. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

This happened to me. I did the following to get it to work perfectly:

1. Make GCOS bootdisc and load
    2. When it asks you to load disc, put in Config Disc 1.3
    3. Load "bootldr.dol"
    4. Set "Region Free" to "on"
    5. Save

After that, your Config Disc 1.3 should work fine. For additional help on the specifics of making a GCOS bootdisc, look here....

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/3/566969

You'll need the "make-multiv3" executable. It can be found here...

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=53005

Goodluck!

9. WPlum

WPlum Member

sweet thanks that gcos disc worked. Along with the 1.3

10. optdbt

optdbt Member

hey
    i am a complete nub at this wiimod thing so please cut me some slack. so far this is my progress:
    I got the wiikey. I installed it using the wired method (just in case it didnt work on my games and it would be easy to take out). i turned the system back on and so far so good. i was able to boot up an original Smash Bros Melee and Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution. therefore i know the chip is installed correctly. now, the only reason i bought this WiiKey is becasue i wanted to play Naruto gekitou taisen 4n (GC) and ex2 (wii)which are both japanese. i have both games original. now, course i put the NGT4 (GC) and the wii still couldnt read it. i started googling around online for some trouble shootingtips. i started coming accross the whole "update disc" stuff. i've tried following the directions online as far as i could, but i'm still getting the 'cant read' error. i've burned them using nero and imgbrn with verbatim dvd-r at 2x speed. even though it took me for ever, i've downloaded the update files, multi-game iso creator, and a lotta other stuff. by now i'm completely lost and frustrated. if anyone can help with literally the most BASIC walkthrough that even a 5 year old could understand, i would crazily appreciate it.

11. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member