1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiKey and Connection to Internet

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by rnj9, May 10, 2007.

1. rnj9

rnj9 Member

Would I be able to play others online if I have the wiikey installed into the wii?

Thanks in advance!

2. stuntman_

stuntman_ Regular member

its not known right now, you can do all the other online features the wii has to offer, but since no online games are out yet, no one knows if the wiikey will affect online play or not.

even though I have a wiikey myself I recommend getting a WiiD modchip, because you can turn it off, that way if nintendo does make modded consoles not compatible with online games you can turn your chip off like it wasnt even there

3. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

Or get whichever one you want now, because by the time the online games come out, there will probably be a lot of diff chips with other features and you might regret getting the wiid now, to replace it later, or any of them. Basically, the chips like wiikey run on stealth technology, which is supposed to proof them against being detected, so much so even the wiikey itself cannot retrieve its own settings (thus why the settings are always on the defaults when you view them).