1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey and setup disc behaving strangely

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by kivela, Jun 9, 2007.

1. kivela

kivela Member

Hi y'all.

I just finished installing the wiikey, and after opening it up 3 times because of a not so perfect soldering job after all ;) it finally came through. sort of ....

The setup disc 1.2 reads correctly, and I can enter the first menu in which you can alter drive speed etc... But all the other sub-menus sdloader/snes/...) redirect me to a blank/gray screen, the mediaplayer stays like this for a minute and then becomes a blinking green screen.

I am using a Pal boot disc which should go fine.
    So I'm clueless. Anybody with an idea ?

Thanks in advance.

2. kivela

kivela Member

Small update,

Relooked my soldering, reinforced it at some points, still no luck however.

What my wife noticed is that when we pull out the video cable on the wii and plug it back in, for a brief moment (second or so), the display is correct. So for a brief sec I can see the mediaplayer and such, but then it becomes scrambled again.

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance.

3. kivela

kivela Member

... Figured it out.

The screen blanking and cable removal made my wife think. We had this on our xbox in the past also. When I set the Wii itself to 60hz it is exactly the same, so the tools on the disc (even when choosing PAL) are ran in 60hz, which my tv set doesn't cope for some odd reason. (although it is a new philips)

Is there a way to set these tools to 50hz ?