1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey - Backups / Config Disc

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by thiagolr, May 17, 2007.

1. thiagolr

thiagolr Member

Hi,

I just bought my Wii (NTSC/USA) with a Wiikey modchip. I can execute originals and all my friend's backups (i don't know their versions)!

I downloaded Wii Play (torrent/PAL/MULTI5) and I burnt with Nero on a Maxell DVD-R. The game doesn't load. Then I burnt the Wiikey's Config Disc, but it also doesn't load.

I would like to run the config disc to make sure that the region free is turned on. Does anyone what might be the problem?

Is there any way to check if it is really a Wiikey modchip, without opening the console? (i would loose my warranty)

Thanks,

Thiago

2. 1773

1773 Regular member

it might be ur media. but the wii play game is pal n ur system is ntsc usa which meens it will not play becuz its from a diff region. the wii conf disk it mite just be ur media and make sure its ntsc usa and not the pal disc

3. jac33au

jac33au Guest

If you have a wiikey your warranty is already gone.

4. thiagolr

thiagolr Member

I will try another media! I'm afraid that my chip isn't a Wiikey!

jac33au,
    It is not nintendo's warranty! The store that sold me already with the chip, gave me a 3 month warranty.

Thanks,

Thiago

5. thiagolr

thiagolr Member

One more question!

Are these the correct steps to run the config disc?
    1) Select the correct batch file (it will generate a ~4gb iso file)
    2) Burn it with Nero
    3) Turn on the console
    4) Wait for the menu
    5) Insert the disc

Is there anything else?

Thanks,

Thiago

6. jac33au

jac33au Guest

Yep thats right. The wii will come up with a gamecube disc incerted. You need a cube controller also.

7. DraTs

DraTs Regular member

well according to the directions, you dont NEED a GC controller, as you can navigate menus with like reset and such.... its just a lot easier if you have one.

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

1773 is correct on Wii Play not playing due to it being a PAL game but that doesn't mean all PAL games will not work.

Below is a Wii Region Patcher Compatibility List. This is a list of games that work and do not work with Region Patcher's. Even tho it is for Patcher Programs this list also can be used for Region Free Modchips.

If you have a PAL game look under PAL to USA(U) and find the game. It will tell you if it will play or not. Wii Sports is not compatible with Region Override so it will not play on the NTSC machine. You will need to get the USA version.

For future reference go to the link below and bookmark...

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/index.php/Wii_Region_Free_Patcher_Compatibility_List#NTSC-U_.28USA.29_to_PAL

As to your problem booting up your setup disc and Wii Games. I have an easy solution for you. You said your friends Wii backups work. Find out what Media he uses and buy some of those. If that doesn't work then you might need to buy a different DVD Burner. Also if using out of region game disc make sure they are compatible with the list above.

Also make sure your Nintendo Wii is always up to date with the latest firmware if using the Region Override setting. Not having it updated can result in a brick if you play an out of Region Game that has a higher firmware upgrade on the disc then what is on your Wii.

Last edited: May 18, 2007