1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey dvddump problem with Vista

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by UTChris, May 17, 2007.

1. UTChris

UTChris Member

I recently installed a Wiikey and put together a homemade gamecube-to-SD card adapter. I'm running Windows Vista on my main computer and cannot get the dvddump program included with the Wiikey v1.2 files to detect any SD card reader. When I run dvddump, I immediately get the error "Error opening device!"

I have also tried running Windows XP in Virtual PC 2007 but since the card readers don't show up, that doesn't work either.

I have dumped an iso using an old Windows XP computer I have, so I know the card reader is fine. Is there anyway to get the dvddump program to play nice with vista? Thank you for any help,
    Chris

2. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

As of now, I don't think that the program is Compatible with Vista yet! I think they need to release a patch for it to work!

3. UTChris

UTChris Member

That's what I was afraid of. Hopefully this coming wiikey update will also update the dvddump program for Vista, although I doubt it. If anybody knows any workarounds for this please let me know. Thanks,
    Chris