1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey Firmware Update. Original Firmware Version?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by edpepelu, Nov 26, 2007.

1. edpepelu

edpepelu Member

Hi all! I am new to the Wiikey Scene. Please Help!

Is the original wiikey firmware version the one found when we load the setupdisc into wii?

I burnt the Setup Disc V1.2. Loaded it in.
    There's this: "Wiikey Base: v1.2" --> is this my original wiikey firmware's version?

So if i want to update my wiikey firmware, I just need to do an update to 1.9b then 1.9g? Is this right? Are there any other versions between 1.2 to 1.9b? (if v1.2 is my original wiikey version)

Please help! Thank you!

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

You can just straight update to 1.9g.

3. edpepelu

edpepelu Member

Tks for your reply!

So do i update my Wii to the latest firmware version first? Or do i update wiikey to 1.9b or g first? Which do i do first?

THANK u for reading!

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

I would update the Wii's firmware first and then the chip's, but I don't think it matters.

5. edpepelu

edpepelu Member

Thank u for your super prompt response. I was reading other threads for the past hour. And i get real confuse!

There are people who update to over wii firmware version 3.0. Then they are not able to run the setup disc v1.3.

So so this is confusing. If i update my wii firmware to the lastest version, will i be able to run the wiikey firmware 1.9b update and run the setup disc v1.3 (to set region free on and speed)? Or do i have to do the GCOS thing (no idea how to do the GCOS thing)?

Setup disc v1.3 is just to turn on region free to fully play GC game right?

6. juniR

juniR Guest

Any doubts do the Wiikey firmware update first. Then update the Wii firmware. At this point you should only be able to run disks from your region thus avoiding the semi-brick error and the current Wii firmware is 3.1(E, U or J depending on your region). After that run the setup disk for the Wiikey (1.3) and set your options including region free.