1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey flash failed.. now what?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by liquidO2, Dec 7, 2007.

1. liquidO2

liquidO2 Member

So i was upgrading the firmware on my wiikey, and when it finished it said it failed. Tried the 1.9b recovery disc, doesn't work. My wii's firmware is 3.0u, so I've had to use the GCOS disc to get anything to work on it, but since I can't use that with the recovery disc, is there anything I can do?

Oh yah, and it wasn't just the testing that failed, it was the actual flashing, if I try to install the 1.9b firmware i just get a green screen and the GC controller vibrates...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Must be with the installation of the chip.

3. liquidO2

liquidO2 Member

install is good, double and triple checked and quadruple checked, it is a genuine wiikey. Is there any way to recover with a 3.0u wii?

4. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

You CAN run the recovey disc as GCOS:

check this out

Let me know if this helps.

5. fxskater

fxskater Member

As far as i can tell you need to get a new wiikey. I had the same problem tried the chip in 2 different consoles, tried every version of every config disc and recovery disc. Nothing worked. I did it by popping the disc in and out before each update it said it was successful but it wasnt. My problem was that i flashed without pin 3 connected. So maybe check your pin 3. But my guess is you need to replace it.

6. liquidO2

liquidO2 Member

You just saved my wii. Thank you, don't know how it helped though :\ all that was was the config disc (which i've never gotten to work before this anyway) and changed 1 setting and booted up the 1.9g update... blam. No more testing error after 100%, no more flashing error after 100%, updated successfully. Thank you very much! Just made my day

7. rafadawn

rafadawn Regular member

Glad I was able to help.

Keep an eye on this thread I started for future warning on firmware issues. I am also adding links to Wii/GC resources so that we can all save time and avoid searching for days.