1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey+freeloader=naruto 4 GC working?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bass_hit, Mar 28, 2007.

1. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Hey guys,

I've been experimenting with my newly installed wiikey (on my NTSC-U wii) and have a problem. I've been playing Naruto 4 on my NTSC-U GC since the release using a freeloader. I let my friend borrow it while I was having my wiikey installed. I can play Battlestadium D.O.N. fine and Bleach Wii without any problems. But I just got my Naruto 4 back and went to try it out on my wii and it loaded and I was able to start a mission but after winning the battles it freezes.

I tried lowering the DVD speed to 3X. No luck
    I tried booting the Freeloader first. Nothing.

I did not do a manual region override on the freeloader (region selection by pressing 'z')

Do I need to turn region override off on the wiikey and then boot the Freeloader to get this to work?

Anyone else running into this?

2. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Tried the manual override on the Freeloader and everything else I could think of. Nothing.

I'm currently downloading the backup since I don't have the hardware to do a dump. Besides, I took a look at the bottom of my disc to find scratches throughout. that's the last time I lend out one of my imports.

Hope that running a backup version of the game goes smoothly as opposed to running an original...

3. Kalida

Kalida Member

Turn off region protect using the WiiKey setup disk. Change the disk speed back to x6 as well... Then use your freeloader. (Which I'm assuming is a disk? Maybe you're talking about the WiiKey region protection bypass...)

If that doesn't work, I guess you'll need to wait for an update from WiiKey. The Naruto fighters series doesn't want to work with ANY modchip at the moment, but a few people say they do work. They should be working on an update to fix it, since it's not just the Naruto series that has this problem. A couple of Japanese games don't work as well. (It's believed that Launch Day Wiis will run Naruto with WiiKey without a hitch; this has yet to be confirmed)

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  4. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Setup:

Wiikey region override: OFF
    Audiofix: ON
    DVDR SPEED: 6x

Popped in my year+ old Game Cube Freeloader. Didn't recognize it. I think that I need to buy a new freeloader from Datel.

Setup:

Wiikey region override: ON
    Audiofix: ON
    DVDR SPEED: 6x

Put in the freeloader and it loaded the game. Tried a 1p 3-man-cell match. loaded the VS. screen and played the small section of music like 4 times and gave me a DRE.

Tried again WITHOUT the freeloader disc. Same exact problem.

Tried making a backup of the game. Played even worse. Same problem but now with static in the audio EVERYWHERE.

Anyone have any suggestions?