1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by JoeyBoy, Mar 11, 2007.

1. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

Hey got a question I think my friend did a bad soldering job we did not have a soldering pencil so we used an iron not that big though as others are. My question is he lookd like he burned the contact points on the wii board, but the system still works. we tried to quick solder it and nothing then we tried to wire it then when I tried turning on the wii it would shut itself down as soon a I pressed power. Took the modchip off and the system worked fine. I am just curious if I can try it again even though the points look like they are not really there. Or could it be I got a bad modchip. Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance :)

2. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

It sounds like you burned the points completely away so soldering the modchip is not going to do anything, you’re going to have to follow down the path and do the near impossible task of soldering to the path its self using wire.

Now I'm going to moan as why the f**k did you not just wait for the sake of saving your Wii you should have got a little 30WATT soldering iron not a gun, a gun would obviously do damage, and you may have possibly broke your modchip too.

I don’t mean to be offensive but your friend don’t let him/her touch your Wii ever agene.

Don’t mean to sound like an old man but I really don’t understand what was going through you’re mined at the time, but get someone else to do it a pro coz you’re friend is rubbish.

Good luck.

3. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

Hey thanks for the advice lol (even though it was rough) he did use a Iron 25 watts at that. well I'm gonna try the wire thing and if it looks i'l let you know thanks for letting me know I can still try lol. I will try the near immpossible wish me luck and beleive me he will never do it again I promise :) thanks again

4. Cloudkill

Cloudkill Regular member

yea good luck be careful you don't make a new path, the Wii drive board is really tiny.

I don't know if you can replace a Wii drive board with a new one if you breake it.

Sorry about my moan lol.

5. JoeyBoy

JoeyBoy Member

I know it sucks that it is so tiny I am going to have a professional do it so I know it is done right :). But hey if you ever hear anything of new boards for the wii being sold let me know I would like to have one just in case of another oops lol. Thanks again for the help :)