1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey help

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by FunkyCow, Oct 18, 2007.

1. FunkyCow

FunkyCow Member

i used the search button but the forums that came up weren't much help to me.
    So i live in the us got a wii on the first day it came out and ordered a wiikey. I soldered it in and turned the system on and the date needed to be reset so im guessing this means it was installed correctly. I read that you need to turn wiiconnect24 off before instillation but im not sure if whoever said it meant instillation of the hardware or software. So can anyone just tell me if i messed up anywhere and/or what else i need to do cause ive been winging this thing and im lost as all hell now thanks.
    Also I am making my friend download alcohol 120% to burn the setup image to a dvd-rw i gave him since i dont have a burner. That program and cd are fine to use correct?

Edit:punctuation added sorry bout that

Last edited: Oct 19, 2007
  2. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

Can you edit your post to include some punctuation? It's unreadable right now.

3. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

The system having to make you set the date again does not mean that the installation was successful, it just means that you took out th ebattery and put it back again.

Yes you need to turn WiiConnect24 off. It's when you turn off the Wii and the Red LED shows up instead of Yellow.

Use ImgBurn to burn at 4X speed with DVD+/-R media, not RW.

4. FunkyCow

FunkyCow Member

k thanks ill get imgburn today. just one mroe question if you dont mind. do you need the setup software installed or can you just solder the chip in and use it?

5. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Yeah you can just solder and start playing backups. But if you want to play different region games then turn on Region Override with the Wiikey setup disk. Also use the 1.9b update disk if you want to turn on the GC audio fix.

Make sure to learn about bricking on the sticky above.