1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wiikey install gone bad

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by smokeydn, Aug 14, 2007.

1. smokeydn

smokeydn Guest

hi i tried to install wiikey on my friends wii . when i took the 4 screws out the piece with the dvd in. i snaped a black wire that runs to a green chip .its was solder on at 2 points . i tried to solder back on but had no luck. the wire has an inner layer coated in plastic then metal wire wraped around that .the wii will turn o but cant use my wiimote disk still works i think . help please

2. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Can you take a picture of it?

3. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

I'm sure it's repairable. Probably just a case of buying matching wire and soldering it in as a replacement for the damaged one.

4. smokeydn

smokeydn Guest

after reading up a bit i found out the wire might be for wi fi conection ,this was not the problem. first thing i was using my wiimote on his wii (not compatable) 2nd his wii is one with the legs cut off.my install was fine but the wiikey would not work anyway. now i have to get it solder to legs on the cb2 chip.what a noob i am burnt the pads bar 1 this aint going to be easy.

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I don't think you have the chipset # correct. I have never heard of a cb2 chipset. Should be D2B or D2C chipset.

If it is a D2B chipset then all you need to do is solder onto the cut pins.

If it is a D2C chipset the chipset is not compatible with a Modchip so nothing will work.

You are also correct in that the wire you are talking about above is for the wi-fi.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2007
  6. smokeydn

smokeydn Guest

yip sorry d2b , ive put i to the shop the drive was not working the next day. the guys going to fix and put the wiikey in for me think its going to cost £50 $100 . but still cheap as that aint even the cost of 2 games