1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WiiKey Install Help!!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Bro0000, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Bro0000

Bro0000 Member

I have just received my WiiKey and I am going to install it soon, but I keep seeing threads in which there is a set up disc after the installation. When I received my WiiKey, I did not get a set up disc with it...is it something I have to find on the net, download, and burn to a disc myself??

2. Nealio

Nealio Regular member

3. Bro0000

Bro0000 Member

Thanks for the link...

I'm still kinda a n00b, but I have to ask...when the Wii is taken apart, will the memory be erased at all?? Will the records and stuff saved for my games like Wii Sports and all of my Mees be intact after I take the Wii apart and install the WiiKey?

4. JspOt

JspOt Member

You will not lose your game data because it will be stored on the internal memory. However there is a wiiconnect24 issue where you might have to format to get it working again. To avoid all this, before you take apart the wii, take the battery out and quickly take out the triwing screw under it. Put the battery back in place and take the rest of the wii apart. This way with the battery still in, you will avoid the wiiconnect24 issue. I got this from other forums so just search around if you need more info.

5. Bro0000

Bro0000 Member

awesome...I'll try that out. Thanks for the help