1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wiikey install, won't eject

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by eternal4, Apr 6, 2007.

1. eternal4

eternal4 Member

I installed the wiikey last night, did it myself, it seem pretty simplistic. I know for sure I solder all the points on correctly. For the tiny points I used the solder that was already established on the board. I put WII together back, booted up the machine, it loaded fine. It goes into the game screen. Now for the problem... I inserted in the firmware disc and then press reset. Sounds good right? Press A, then it goes back into the browser menu. Tried ejecting disc, the disc won't eject and the disc is not being read... I don't know what the problem is.. Need help thanks..

2. FusionZ06

FusionZ06 Member

Same thing happened to me.

If you look at the top of the DVD drive on the top right side there is a little hook that you need to push back behind the DVD. Once you do that it will eject.

3. Fujisd

Fujisd Member

When you put the wii back together did you remember to reconnect the wire that is attached to the eject button. Pretty obvious, but sometimes we overlook the obvious.

4. NuVanDibe

NuVanDibe Member

Same thing happened to me. Clarification please: there is a black thing on the side, and a white thing in the corner, both could be pushed behind hte disk. i did so. it still wouldnt work, so i had to power up the wii with the drive exposed and use a screwdriver to carefully pry the disk out. the disk is unharmed except for a couple scratches which i believe i caused myself by accident. anyway, afterwards, it could eject and load gamecube and wii size disks, but it would only play gamecube and wii originals, not gamecube or wii backups. i broke my wiikey trying to fix that, so i put wires on it and ordred another wiikey